Uwharrie 4/23

bigwaylon

NCKrawlers and Aggressive 4x4 Concepts hit the trails Saturday...along with a couple that just joined up in the parking lot...

the rain Friday night didn't affect the trails much at all...

excuse the batch in the middle where the photos are horrible...a setting got messed up on the camera while somebody else (I won't incriminate her by saying her name...hint, hint) was taking some pics:

http://wrangler.rutgers.edu/gallery/Uwharrie-4-23-05

the first item is another folder with a couple pics Dave snapped...

Greg

what trails did u guys run. i dont remeber seeing yall after daniel. we ran everthing, only used the strap a few times. and didnt have anything major broken.

got4-lo said:
what trails did u guys run. i dont remeber seeing yall after daniel. we ran everthing, only used the strap a few times. and didnt have anything major broken.

basically Daniel to Rocky Mountain Loop to Slab Pile to Dutch John...

Greg

Greg:

Great pics. Thanks for letting me tag along. I had a great time. We will have to do it again sometime.

Greg,
Who had the stock flatty and how'd it do? I see a few MB's, 2a's, and 3a's out there, and was curious how stock it was. I like the idea of taking an oldie out. I'm just afraid I'd need a tow rig.

J

The flattie was flat towed out there by a TJ. Pretty cool.

We left about 3pm so we didn't see a 450 up there. Wish I had though.

Nice to meet you alan. Impressed with the wheelin you did with open diffs.

We did the trails Greg said + the night before NCKrawlers big rigs and most of the Aggressive rigs went out for a night run up Dutch John. Everybody made it strapless :D

I didn't see ya. But I did see a Suburban on boggers and an Exploder on Rockwells and a whole bunch of vintage Broncos. We started on Daniel about 9:30 am and I think we finally got off of RML at 9 pm or so. It was the first time that I had been out there and actually ran every trail in a single day. It was great fun.

Joel said:
I didn't see ya. But I did see a Suburban on boggers and an Exploder on Rockwells and a whole bunch of vintage Broncos. We started on Daniel about 9:30 am and I think we finally got off of RML at 9 pm or so. It was the first time that I had been out there and actually ran every trail in a single day. It was great fun.

that Exploder was with the NC Krawlers...he was also with us at Tellico the first weekend of March...

but, the only time it had been driven was up onto the trailer, which was not a great decision for Tellico...the rotor on the front Rockwell hit the leaf springs when it flexed...

needless to say, it got parked after an hour or so...

he moved the rotor to the back of the axle, and had no problems (at least in that area) at Uwharrie...

just think the 38" tires are a little small for Rockwell gearing... :confused:

hobie...I never saw the flatty move once it pulled into the Outpost from the campground...

we split into three groups, and it wasn't it mine, or the one we eventually met up with...so I have no idea how it handled...

Greg

bigwaylon said:
that Exploder was with the NC Krawlers...he was also with us at Tellico the first weekend of March...

but, the only time it had been driven was up onto the trailer, which was not a great decision for Tellico...the rotor on the front Rockwell hit the leaf springs when it flexed...

needless to say, it got parked after an hour or so...

he moved the rotor to the back of the axle, and had no problems (at least in that area) at Uwharrie...

just think the 38" tires are a little small for Rockwell gearing... :confused:

hobie...I never saw the flatty move once it pulled into the Outpost from the campground...

we split into three groups, and it wasn't it mine, or the one we eventually met up with...so I have no idea how it handled...

Greg

your right greg, the only gear ratio u can get with rockwell is 6.72 (I think) with 38' the RPM's will be really high and the motor probably doesnt like that.

yeah, but 99% of rockwell'd rigs aren't street driven either. i sure hope that one isn't with pinion brakes. btw greg, nice to see you've changed your mind about actually using your jeep for its intented purpose :flipoff2:

He sure wasn't afraid to dish out the punishment at Kodak. I had never seen diamond plate get peeled like an orange before. But sure enough, it does on big red Exploders. :D

hobie said:
Greg,
Who had the stock flatty and how'd it do? I see a few MB's, 2a's, and 3a's out there, and was curious how stock it was. I like the idea of taking an oldie out. I'm just afraid I'd need a tow rig.

J

for the most part the flatty is stock, only things that were added were the tires and roll bar for this trip. and for how it wheeled, well he did a lot better then my TJ that is built a little. every place that i thought he would need a strap, he just crawled right up like it was on the street.

I flat tow that willys behind my tj to UNF when I go. I generally have the smallest rig of our group yet I keep up.That ledge on Daniel,the center line at the rock garden on Daniel,and the Dutch John hill climb went without a hitch for her but then again,all in our group made it with no problems.We didn't make it to Kodak like I was hoping.I know I can't climb the rock itself but I can sure play all around it and have a good time.

Sweet. I'm a Jeep geek at heart, and old iron on the trail is great news to me. Keep it up!

J

Back