UTV vendors?

rockcity

everyday is a chance to get better
Ok, so with October 1 coming up fast, the desire to pick up a UTV sooner than later slapped me in the face this week.

does anyone have recommendations for a hood UTV dealer? I have a few in the area, but am looking for a dealer that is responsive, reasonably priced, and most importantly, not a PITA to buy from or have warranty work done.

location in relation to eastern NC is mildly important but not necessarily a deciding factor.

what say ye?

I have bought my last two machines from Triangle Cycles in Danville, VA. Customer service is always outstanding. Service department is well qualified to handle work on the machines. They were about $200 more expensive on the Yamaha Wolverine X2 I bought than Sport Cycles in Rockingham, but the fuel I saved and time was worth the extra $200 to continue the relationship with Triangle.

When it comes time for the aftermarket stuff, check out www.rightcoastoffroad.com. Its HardTaco from on here years ago and even though the site is Kawi specific, he can get whatever you need usually and have it drop shipped to you.

What machines are you considering?

As far as machines, I’ve always been a fan of the X3 but also am a fan of the RZR. I haven’t decided on model yet so long as it’s a 4 seater.

Would really like a bed that’s actually useful so I can use it on the land for whatever may come after the house is built.

As far as machines, I’ve always been a fan of the X3 but also am a fan of the RZR. I haven’t decided on model yet so long as it’s a 4 seater.

Would really like a bed that’s actually useful so I can use it on the land for whatever may come after the house is built.
Give the Yamaha RMax 1000 - 4 a look. Fox shocks on a few trim levels, Japanese reliability and the bed can still be usable. Ergos in the cab are all going to be personal preference, especially when comparing back seat access.

@rockcity Mannnn...my buddy bought a 2 seater Yamaha RMax yesterday and wow! I'm not sure if you've tried one out yet, but it was nothing short of amazing. Pricey? Yes...but then again, the ones in that class are all pretty expensive it seems. Just figured I'd throw it out there. Not sure if you've gotten one yet or not.

He picked it up in James City at Big Rock. I think I heard him say it was 27k. Awesome piece of machinery though. 30s, Magellan tablet in the dash, Fox coilovers, and it'll hit 70 no problem, but crawl equally as well. I was thoroughly impressed.

I think the only thing I'd do to one would be a few more lights, windshield, and add a radio/speakers. Well, I know me, I'd probably tune it too...and add power just because. Oh, and I'd probably have another set of tires/rims to swap out depending on what I was doing with it.

20210911_154936.jpg

20210911_182648.jpg

Haven’t bought anything yet.

is it weird that I’m already building my mental map around town to comply with driving a UTV on the road?
I now take my newfound route from home to ECU daily for work. :lol:

You can plot it on the GPS if you get one of those! I'd love to be able to drive it to work...not sure if they'd let them on base of not. Of course, probably can't drive it down Hwy 70 either.

Back