URE 4x4cross OFFICIAL THREAD. - May 9-11

You just made my weekend!!! Breakfast- more importantly coffee :bounce2:!!
Doubt that the Outpost was gonna be open that early, but you get my business for stepping up.

haha! yeah i believe we are gonna have coffee and biscuits for you guys. fyi, the Mtn Mkt is open 6am-9pm everyday (for future reference ;))

help help help!!!!

hey, i waited late to register and website says you can sign up until midnight on 5/8/08 and when you try to sign up it says registration closed. can someone please tell me what to do or who to contact. it will be me and another vehicle. thanks in advance. my cell is 919-272-8126 if the right person reads this and needs immediate contact

Anybody know what the hours for the Outpost are for this event weekend? Kinda curious as to that since its the only gas / drinks / food/ cigarettes/ trail passes immeditely close by.

uhm....its 2 nites. how much do you plan on smoking?

I dont smoke, but there are those that may lose or get them wet when they pee their pants in awe of Dylan and myselfs fast time.
Happy now?

weeez out!!

Leaving out, 'tis 5:26AM friday. Played the wus card and didnt go due to storms here in CLT/ URE last night. Gotta do the rounds and see if I need to remove any trees in the neighborhood then bailing out. See yall on the trails. :huggy:

Just got home, the highway was crazy, driving rain, tornado watches, just dumb, we're pooped. Here's a few picts of the weekend, I'll finish with the rest tomorrow. Really big thanks to Woody (Vanguard_anon) for being kind enough to ride spotter for me, he was a real big help to a noob at races. Suffered a blown/smashed rear brake line somewhere before Kodak Rock, a dented oil pan, destroyed drivers light. After watching the video a few times, I realized that I was a retard for most of the race, but thanks to Woody's help we finished without brakes at 10:36. Not good enough to get in the top 5 of C class, but 6th, 7th, or 8th (don't have the official times, but its one of those spots). Anyways...

View attachment awww.fototime.com_0FFD658F15EE428_standard.jpg<--Sean-D

View attachment awww.fototime.com_0F03B47FE7D47BA_standard.jpg

View attachment awww.fototime.com_8A28547A00E0898_standard.jpg

View attachment awww.fototime.com_855761B3616EE4F_standard.jpg

View attachment awww.fototime.com_486FFFD80DEF5FB_standard.jpg

WOAH!
What's the story there? I don't recognize that one... looks like it would have been A-class?
Most of the damage was already done to the rig before it started the race. Along the course he blew a front tire and finished in reverse and rear ended a tree after the finish line. The rear of the XJ was pretty beat up already so it just added to the damage.

hes the one that jumped the ledge below kodak and hit the bank . there were several guys videoing and comparing after that run . i think turtle mechanic has the video. that was the best show i saw all weekend and some nice guys driving the rig.

WOAH!
What's the story there? I don't recognize that one... looks like it would have been A-class?
Most of the damage was already done to the rig before it started the race. Along the course he blew a front tire and finished in reverse and rear ended a tree after the finish line. The rear of the XJ was pretty beat up already so it just added to the damage.
That A-class rig went full speed through the lower ledge of RML, took to the sky and his passenger side tires landed on the side slope of the trail, slicing the sidewall of his passenger front tire and scaring the crap out of the spectators. It was insane. I know there's a few people who got video of it. We re-lived that one over and over again.

Back