Unused gift cards

Got a Sears & a few Lowe's ones for Christmas, but they'll be gone within the next couple weeks...
:)

I had about 6 until the week after Christmas. I went on a shopping spree. I even had 2 from last year that still had about $60 on them together. Sweet! Freebies!

2 $5 to Starbucks.
They were gifts to my wife from some of her students. She gets so much *crap* at christmas.

I probably have around 400 in unused gift cards.

Lowes, HD, Sears, A landscaping store.

I finally had enough at sears to get a full mechanics tool set. People behind me were pissed when the cashier had to use 10 gift cards to pay for hundreds of dollars of tools. I have gotten to wear I will pick up gift cards for myself if I have some extra cash laying around. Then in a couple months when I don't have the cash and I need something I can just pull out the card.

Best Buy reported $43 million in unused gift card revenue. The industry as a whole pocketed $8 billion. No wonder they are so popular.

Got a $25 to Chile's,but used all the Home Depot cards at once got me a $380 Rigid 24V cordless hammer drill for $16 out of pocket. The sign said it was marked down to $299 and when The next day the wife found a $15 off a $150 purchase coupon that had expired that day.:confused: I coulda paid a dollar and change for it, Not that I'm complaining...

I just found 2 $25.00 wally world cards last night from years ago, i burt them up last night

but as for this year:

$25.00 radio Shack
10.00 Ruby Tuesdays
25.00 Amex

I got a $25 Lowes Card from work and that one went for X-Mas.

I found a $50 Home Depot from last year and went to Northern & Home Depot in Cary last night....Ouch !! Gift Card helped some...

I also have $25 to Gander Mountain...gotta get back to GBO for that one....cool store also...painful at the checkout...

:beer:

Does it count if you used them but still have a balance? Walmart balance, $0.76. Lowes, about $18.00.

Back