Tundra 2nd Gen Reviews

rabb11d

I am looking at getting into a new to me Tundra 2007-2011 range. Wanted to see if anyone had any experiences good or bad with them. Not really looking for "you should get this instead" just experiences with the truck, since I have somewhat decided this truck fits the needs of my family.
I am looking at 4x4, Crewmax,5.7.

Thanks for any input.

2008 5.7 TRD DoubleCab. I bought my Tundra 2 years ago with 100,000 miles on it. A preacher owned it and logged highway miles and proper maintenance. I haven't had any problems. My enclosed lawn service trailer is attached to this truck 75% of the time. These trucks are fast. The 6 speed transmission is bad ass. We pile this thing down with four wheelers, rzr's and dirtbikes and haul to WV all the time.
I love this truck because it dares you to challenge it.

2012-01-21 16.54.37.jpg

I just got an 07 doublecab 4x4 with 130xxx on the odo. I love it. My daddy has an 08 and I have another friend that has one. Daddy pulls a camper with his and my friend pulls his crawler. Just keep up with scheduled maintenance and they will last. Hell, its a yota.

I have two friends with these trucks both standard cabs, they pull like a freight train. Most time the 5.7 doesn't even notice a load unless its really heavy. And I personally have not seen or seen either of their trucks in the shop for any major repairs.

Thanks for the input guys. I like what I am hearing. Anyone else have any input?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

I think of these like the Titans...great motors, very powerful, good drivetrains from what I hear.....they're just uglier than a fart in church!

Just now caught up with this....

tried the rolling burnout yet?

Joey.... You wanna race?

Nice Tundra.... Diggin the white. A few weeks ago, a good friend of mine in Nashville asked me what I thought about the Tundra. Told him I bought mine because I needed the all around vehicle, and it's like Nike.... Just Do It.... He went out and bought a white 2014 Platinum. Super sick. He's a mechanic with 20 years experience and has dubbed his Tundra, the alpha truck.

It is a good all around truck. Rides good, drives good, pulls good enough and has tons of room. After having it for a couple of months I still really like it. It doesn't have the cool factor like the diesels I have had in the past, but I am 30 with a kid now. Have to grow up sometime I guess. Not like I tow much anyways. Guess my only complaint is the 14.5 mpg, but it is a truck and to be expected, that is why I DD my civic.

Now I just have to get it leveled out, wheels and tires and some platsi-dip.

Any more info on these? My brother in law thinks he wants one. It's either this or a Silverado/Sierra. Any of them would be fine for him really, he never tows anything. I'm pretty sure the GM trucks would get better mileage, but you can find these with fairly low miles for really good prices.

I said he should get a 2011+ F150 crew cab with the 5.0, but they're 27k and up. He doesn't want to spend any more than about 23k and would like 80,000 miles or less.

I bought a 2008 crew max 4x4 and tow my TJ with it. I love this thing, most comfortable car in the fleet.

alh6.googleusercontent.com__HP1Jgr8s_88_UgKmOXievTI_AAAAAAAADpf2c09bd60cd2eed856981c9e2dfb700e.jpg

I would buy one again if I had it to do over and I have had a lot of different trucks. Best advice I would give is tell him to go test drive some and get what he likes best. I would say none are that much better than the other.

I bought a 2008 crew max 4x4 and tow my TJ with it. I love this thing, most comfortable car in the fleet.

alh6.googleusercontent.com__HP1Jgr8s_88_UgKmOXievTI_AAAAAAAADpf2c09bd60cd2eed856981c9e2dfb700e.jpg

super nice looking truck, this is the look I am going for. How much did you raise to level it? Also what offset are those wheels?

I used a front Fox 2.0 2 1/2" coilover kit. No lift in the rear... yet. Wheels are 20x10 with I believe a +18 offset wrapped in 34" Nittos.

Does it sit level now? How much are you thinking of adding to the rear?

It's either completely level or a slight bit higher in the front, depending on the terrain I park on. I was going to just do a spacer lift in the rear, but I decided to hold out for an air bag setup to help with towing.

Haven't towed enough with mine to really tell. If I had to put a number on it I would guess 10 with my enclosed trailer. Too many factors, trailer size, weight, speed. Etc.

Back