Tubing

JWebbie2

I live in Winston-Salem and I'm looking at buying some tubing to make my tie rod and drag link and possibly my cage down the road. Where's the best place to get tubing around this area?

IMG_0085.JPG
What size you need? I've got 1-3/4" DOM and HREW in my shop. I'm moving so I've been considering selling some off since I won't be using for a while.

Any reason you want 2.5"? Most companies use 1.5" , 1.75". No reason to over build it that much when basically everyone in the industry uses smaller.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

That's just what I'm buildingmy tie rod and drag link out of. I'd rather be over built than under

What thinkness of wall you using? Have you looked to see if you can get a tube insert for inside diameter? Have you considered all the extra weight your gonna add to the front?

What thinkness of wall you using? Have you looked to see if you can get a tube insert for inside diameter? Have you considered all the extra weight your gonna add to the front?

.250 wall, and yea I know about the weight, I'm adding a Dana 60 and Sterling 10.5 to my Jeep. A few extra pounds from a tube isn't going to kill me lol

That's just what I'm buildingmy tie rod and drag link out of. I'd rather be over built than under
2.5" is way big and may even come into clearance issues around the diff cover depending on the cover and steering arms you use. Do yourself a favor and look at what more experienced people use and even the most bad ass buggys with stickies and 500+ HP I have ever seen don't use 2.5 for steering links.

2.5" is way big and may even come into clearance issues around the diff cover depending on the cover and steering arms you use. Do yourself a favor and look at what more experienced people use and even the most bad ass buggys with stickies and 500+ HP I have ever seen don't use 2.5 for steering links.

Shit I just realized I put 2.5, I meant to say 1.5 lol. Yea 2.5 is massive and would definitely hit the diff cover. If I was gonna use 2.5 it would be for lower links because I doubt I could ever bend one of those lol

Shit I just realized I put 2.5, I meant to say 1.5 lol. Yea 2.5 is massive and would definitely hit the diff cover. If I was gonna use 2.5 it would be for lower links because I doubt I could ever bend one of those lol
Yeah 1.5" .250wall makes more sense that's actually what I use and what I see most people use.

I order from Alro. I'm just at the Davie and Iredell line. They come to me. If you got a business location shouldn't be an issue for you. You can also buy drops online from them. Shipping can get a bit ridiculous however.

What's their number? Did a google search and didn't come up with anything.

I normally use Alro or Ryerson, neither have great pricing imho.

Call- disconnected or no longer in service

I used to drive past there every day after picking my boy up from daycare. I noticed some land clearing going on beside the place last spring and summer. I haven't been by there in about 6 weeks, but I could detour and take a look one day this week.

Stock car steel in Mooresville isn't too far of a drive for you. Not sure how their prices compare, but they have a tremendous inventory.

When i redid my steering, i ordered DOM from Barnes 4WD. They have a DOM steering kit or you can order by the foot. I believe it is a 6' max length for shipping purposes though.

It might not be the cheapest per foot but you have the flexibility to order only what you need and not buy a 20 foot stick.

Back