trout "guide" videos and takes pictures of his dog killing a fawn and post it all over social media

Loganwayne

#BTL
has anyone seen this? guy post pictures of his dog attacking and killing the fawn then on him skinning it out and taking it home with him on his facebook and instagram. he is being torn apart by the masses. its been on my news feed in just about every single hunting or fly fishing page im on, on facebook. ill find pictures and upload them later. apparently fish and wildlife are contacting him currently.

He is defending himself saying the dog is just doing what dogs do and now he has some fresh meat, and seemed proud about it on his post and defending himself whenever someone is trashing him. the fly shop he guides out of is doing what they can to not get themselves drug into the weeds, but its to late. they are deleting every negative review and comment on their facebook page and deleting all their other media streams. Google isnt letting anyone review the business any more either, but they have dropped from 4. something stars to 2 or lower last i saw.

this is in Colorado
shops link - Home
guys name is Michael Garcia

Attachments

• 66822778_10220725170305944_1722545785666535424_n.jpg
    66822778_10220725170305944_1722545785666535424_n.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 233
  • 67347451_10220725168465898_3645933776921427968_n.jpg
    67347451_10220725168465898_3645933776921427968_n.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 231
  • 67361228_10220725167385871_1114304968317206528_n.jpg
    67361228_10220725167385871_1114304968317206528_n.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 222
I don't understand why people feel the need to post everything going on in their life on the internet for everyone to see.

the dog looks real happy though..

I agree, dude is a dick.

Man, how stupid can you be? Plenty of pet dogs have killed a fawn but what made him think it would be a good idea to document it? I actually commend him for making use of the kill, but dang dude, use some common sense.

I'll probably catch some heat here, but what was he supposed to do? He can't outrun his dog, and pretty much as soon as the dog gets ahold of the fawn, it would be mortally injured. So the options are:
i. Leave it to die (the internet will crucify you for that)
B. Kill it yourself and bury it (the internet will crucify you for that)
3. Kill it and use the meat (the internet will crucify you for that)

Seems like he chose the best option, but he should have opted for sub-plan 3iB of "don't post on the internet about it"

I'll probably catch some heat here, but what was he supposed to do? He can't outrun his dog, and pretty much as soon as the dog gets ahold of the fawn, it would be mortally injured. So the options are:

Seems like he chose the best option, but he should have opted for sub-plan 3iB of "don't post on the internet about it"

What’s got everyone pissed off is his dog killed it, he was videoing it while it was killing it encouraging the dog to do so. And then proud about it killing the deer.

He shouldn’t have posted it on internet period
He should have called fish and game and told them his dog killed the fawn and asked for permission to take the meat ( which is required by law even if you hit a deer you’re suppose to call it in if you want to take it)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, how stupid can you be? Plenty of pet dogs have killed a fawn but what made him think it would be a good idea to document it? I actually commend him for making use of the kill, but dang dude, use some common sense.

He filmed it and cheered the dog on. I think that’s what’s got everyone up in arms about it

His problem is his dog isn’t trained enough to be in the wild. A dog, whether it be a hunting dog, service dog or household pet is trained to do what it’s told. If it isn’t told it doesn’t do said thing that is right, wrong, or otherwise. Dude is a dick, the dog obviously isn’t trained properly and because he brought said improperly trained dog into the outdoors (and inherently this situation) this happened. Therefore, once again, dude is a dick.

D. Kill it and use the meat and don't fawking talk publicly about it.

Fixed it for you.
Nothing wrong with the kill or use. And IMO there should be no problem with sharing this publicly. But, alas, there are shit tons of people out here that are not supportive and you have to learn to be aware of and defensive about that.

His problem is his dog isn’t trained enough to be in the wild. A dog, whether it be a hunting dog, service dog or household pet is trained to do what it’s told. If it isn’t told it doesn’t do said thing that is right, wrong, or otherwise. Dude is a dick, the dog obviously isn’t trained properly and because he brought said improperly trained dog into the outdoors (and inherently this situation) this happened. Therefore, once again, dude is a dick.
While I agree dude is a dick, my view is a little different.
Dogs are creature created by nature to hunt other animals (well, certain dogs).
While we (humans) would love for them to not kill things that we find to be cute or endangered... it's in the dog's nature to just do what it's gonna do. You can't really blame the dog for that. While, yes, dude could choose to not take an untrained dog out - (certain) dogs are meant, by nature, to be outside killing things. We (humans) are interfering w/ nature more by training them than by just letting "unpleasant" things happen.
IMO what make dude a dick - and really, more of an idiot - is his attitude about reveling in the kill. It could have been handled so much better with, say, "Dog got away from my and tok out this fawn. Unfortunate for the fawn, bu tto make the best of the situation I figured I should at least take the meat and make use of it. Next time I'll keep better tabs on him..."

Nothing wrong with the kill or use.
i disagree, this wasn't a legal hunting season or a legal method or even a legal size to take.
This guy was a licensed guide. HE should know the laws better than anyone else and should be held to a higher standard. most states out west require you to work under someone for several years before you can be a licensed guide.

on your other post i agree if he would have just said dog got away killed the fawn but i did what i thought was best and put it down and then harvested the meat i think he would have been fine.

guy post pictures of his dog attacking and killing the fawn
He filmed it and cheered the dog on. I think that’s what’s got everyone up in arms about it

Pics or vid? And regardless, I still stand my opinion. If it was a baby snake, no one would bat an eye.

i disagree, this wasn't a legal hunting season or a legal method or even a legal size to take.
This guy was a licensed guide. HE should know the laws better than anyone else and should be held to a higher standard. most states out west require you to work under someone for several years before you can be a licensed guide.

on your other post i agree if he would have just said dog got away killed the fawn but i did what i thought was best and put it down and then harvested the meat i think he would have been fine.
Thanks for the clarification. I'm not a dog hunter so I do not know the regs.

@Loganwayne Filming and encouraging the dog was poor taste and posting the video was even worse taste. I did not realize he had done either of those things.

I agree with @RatLabGuy this is perfectly normal for a dog. Maybe a perfectly trained service dog would have been able to show restraint but the average pet dog would do exactly the same thing.

I realize that from a legal perspective, using the fawn is "wrong" but strictly from a waste not want not, ethical perspective, it was a good thing to do.

Thanks for the clarification. I'm not a dog hunter so I do not know the regs.

No state that I’m aware of permits a dog to kill an animal.
They can chase, tree, flush, corner, pin and hold an animal but none that I know of allow a dog or pack of dogs to maul an animal to death.

@Loganwayne Filming and encouraging the dog was poor taste and posting the video was even worse taste. I did not realize he had done either of those things.

I agree with @RatLabGuy this is perfectly normal for a dog. Maybe a perfectly trained service dog would have been able to show restraint but the average pet dog would do exactly the same thing.

I realize that from a legal perspective, using the fawn is "wrong" but strictly from a waste not want not, ethical perspective, it was a good thing to do.

I agree with you both dogs do what they do, better trained dogs and people you might not have had it happen. But to get the dog excited about it and encourage the dog to do so crosses a line.

Personally I have no problem with him taking the meat. If he would have called it in even after the fact.

But the way he posted about it and bragged crosses the line for anyone that considers them self an ethical hunter

but he should have opted for sub-plan 3iB of "don't post on the internet about it"
That should have option #1.As triggered as folks are now a days he should have saw it coming.

He needs to train his dog better. He also shouldnt have bragged/posted a video. I do support him using the meat though.

My dog is trained to hunt. She *usually* only kills/retrieves what I shoot at or sic her on. Usually. She has brought me a few extra rabbits and pup that I think was a yote (right coloring and looked mean even dead) though. Dogs are dogs and dogs like to kill and eat things.

IMO, the correct thing to do would be salvage what you can, enjoy your venison veal, and keep ya damn mouth shut!

No state that I’m aware of permits a dog to kill an animal.
No dog that I'm aware of is able to read and comprehend legal documents :D

Pics or vid? And regardless, I still stand my opinion. If it was a baby snake, no one would bat an eye.

Wait, wait, wait.....

So you mean to tell us that "defenseless baby snake" and "defenseless baby deer" are viewed differently in the eyes of the general public...?

Just so we're clear, which of those two is the one that people want to unleash hellfire upon with a flamethrower...?

:D

IMHO, no one should be this happy about the death of a living thing.
And the fact it was not a humane way for the animal to die, makes it worse.
And posting it online confirms the guy is a piece of shit.

I hope he loses his job, and rots in hell.

Back