Trouble tuning a T-Maxx NEED HELP

jbkelly0211

I just got a used T-maxx with the Mach 26 big bore kit, had old fuel in it and had sat for a while so i tore the motor down and cleaning everything up really good and fixed a few things. Heres where the trouble began, I got everything back together, and put fresh fuel in it, went outside and cranked it up and it ran for about 30 minutes. It was wasnt running like it sould be and it was dumping raw fuel out of the exhaust so i started messing with the tuning. After that I could barely get it to crank. I went to the manual and tuned the carb back to factory specs. Now it is very hard to crank, and when it fianally does, it will idle for about 30 seconds then die. It i even give it a little throttle it cuts off. What am i doing wrong? Is there anyone in the North Charlotte/ LKN area that could maybe help me out? I have been messing with the high and low needle valves but havent had any luck. Would much rather take it to someone who knows what they are doing instead of wasting $26 a gallon fuel for no reason.

I didnt really mess with the low speed needle until i turned it all the way in then backed it out 2 turns (owners manual said that was factory spec). Im just at a loss now because from what I have read and seen, the motor should run even if it is out of tune, just not like it should. Either i am way out of tune or something else is wrong. I am new to this stuff but it seems like all the basics are there, air, fuel, and the glow plug seems ok. That would be great if you had some spare time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PM me you number, I should be free all weekend.

I am new to this stuff but it seems like all the basics are there, air, fuel, and the glow plug seems ok..

Its gotta be in the adjustments. Your screw/needle settings are way out. Do you have a temp gun?
If fuel is running out of the exhaust, then its way way to rich and you're fouling the GPs too. They may glow..but not at max.

or
could it be time for a new piston/ring?

I don't have to tune very much. Sounds like to much fuel though. When you adjust the needle make sure to make very small turns. like less than a quarter turn. there could be something else wrong. Take it to your local hobby shop, and watch closely.

Turn low end needle down to 1/2 to 3/4 turns out probably will be lean, turn top end needle 2 turns out , crank engine leaving glow starter on plug while you tune making slight adjustments untill you have slight smoke @ idle, should be able to reev engine with glow starter on it, before you were drowning plug. If you cant keep running change plug it may glow when cold but not when under heated combustion. Motor may be wore out compression should be pretty hard if motor is good. This is why i went to electric rc much more reliable. Have fun.

ive tried evrything now, most hobby stores are 2 weeks out because of christmas. I can get the thing to start and idle, but no matter what i do i cant get it running right. Compression seems ok, but whenever i give it throttle, it just kind of sputters out, tried leaning it way out same thing.

Change the glow plug. Even if you put a new one in it doesn't mean that it is good.

When it sputters out does gas run out of the exhaust if so your bottom end is to rich. Also pull fuel lines off and block oneside off and blow in the other side should be air tight this is real critical to make one run right.

Back