Tramper build: The Phantom

Well, we’ve had the Tramper on two trips this Spring; Kairos with the Carolina Trailblazers pictured below, and Zooland Family Campground in Asheboro (sorry no good pic). Both trips had full hookups and we learned a lot about what we need and what we can improve.

F822E868-AC89-428F-AEBA-494478B73EF9.jpeg

This weekend I put vinyl plank flooring throughout. There are a couple places that you can tell I am an amateur, but overall, having the floor finished really makes it look and fell more like something you want to stay in rather a wooden box. I still need to put some trim or baseboards all the way around.

I also added a cabinet above the sink, and a foldaway countertop on the wall.

971D7893-F0BF-4E7B-84BE-AC9BE1BAF394.jpeg
36E4494B-007B-48C5-A98A-E6A968440CEE.jpeg

I'm interested in your opinion on the difference in the trucks.

I'm interested in your opinion on the difference in the trucks.
The F150 with the 5.0 and 10-speed was a hot rod, quickest vehicle I’ve ever owned, and if I wouldn’t have started building this Tramper, I’d still have it. But towing that tiny house, I’m glad I have the super duty. I do wish it had the 10-speed instead of 6-speed.

Nice work!

How will the flooring react to a vehicle sitting on it?

At the risk of ridicule 😄 a washlette/bidet toilet lid would result in a lot less stuff in the black tank and less chance of a clog.

Nice work!

How will the flooring react to a vehicle sitting on it?

At the risk of ridicule 😄 a washlette/bidet toilet lid would result in a lot less stuff in the black tank and less chance of a clog.
I’m on a couple cargo trailer conversion pages and a lot of folks are putting vinyl plank down and hauling SXS and Jeeps, so I’m hopeful their positive outcome will be duplicated in mine.

A bidet would lower the chance of a clog, but the thought of a bidet kind of grosses me out.

I’m on a couple cargo trailer conversion pages and a lot of folks are putting vinyl plank down and hauling SXS and Jeeps, so I’m hopeful their positive outcome will be duplicated in mine.

A bidet would lower the chance of a clog, but the thought of a bidet kind of grosses me out.
Bro you gotta try it. I would never be without one again. Clean in a way dragging paper can never achieve 🤠

Bro you gotta try it. I would never be without one again. Clean in a way dragging paper can never achieve 🤠
When I first read that I thought you were talking about the vinyl floor. :confused::laughing:

Back