Trailer Inspection

Same - Same No need for it now they are just doing them on new trailers to clip you for the money and to prove to DMV the trailer has been checked.

Property tax listing is coming up the 31 of Jan......
One more time the trailer that I listed last year and paided was not on the list sent out this year to be returned by the 31st for PP tax listing.....:shaking: They say anything with a tag does not need to be listed but they have my other trailers and not that one......

my trailer is a 5 ton .over 10,000 and it has an inspection just like a cycle does. and ive always got tax bills on trailers. if it has a title in your name , your gettin a tax bill for it. i had a 5x8 trailer and every year i got billed for property tax on it.
its just nc , they want to cram it in you every which way they can. i thought about not getting it inspected anymore but im not sure if i will get a fine in the mail just like you can get with a car .

my trailer is a 5 ton .over 10,000 and it has an inspection just like a cycle does. and ive always got tax bills on trailers. if it has a title in your name , your gettin a tax bill for it. i had a 5x8 trailer and every year i got billed for property tax on it.
its just nc , they want to cram it in you every which way they can. i thought about not getting it inspected anymore but im not sure if i will get a fine in the mail just like you can get with a car .

OK thats new if you want to come to the house I will show it all to you....
#1 Mines a 5 ton trailer and its also set for for just around 10, 000 lbs but they do them under at 9990 or 9999 to stay out of the CDL or other class of DL it has been talked about a lot.
# 2 If you have Perm tags then you do not renew the tags each year and that does not kick in DMV to send the tax man a note to send a bill for taxes, How can they block perm tags next year if you dont pay the bill.
#3 If yours is for more then 10,000 then someone f''ed up if you gross is 5 ton because your grose is your max and thats 10,000 lbs. I think it was talked about before about being over 10k needing insp. because the different bracket.

I have had mine looked a by DMV and it has no Inspection on it now and was told it was fine. Plus Lots of talks on the phone with inspectors about it. But I'm under 10k (9990)

if it has a title in your name , your gettin a tax bill for it. i had a 5x8 trailer and every year i got billed for property tax on it.

Sorry to tell you but you wrong about that, Like I said if Perm tags YOU need to file PP taxs in most cases.
Also I have three other trailers that I own and are titled in my name and I never get a tax bill on them..:lol:
Two boat trailers and one 6x12 utility trailer, when the cost of the trailer falls to a point that they don't make much tax money on it then, they drop it from the tax listing and you pay no more taxes.......

OK thats new if you want to come to the house I will show it all to you....
#1 Mines a 5 ton trailer and its also set for for just around 10, 000 lbs but they do them under at 9990 or 9999 to stay out of the CDL or other class of DL it has been talked about a lot.
# 2 If you have Perm tags then you do not renew the tags each year and that does not kick in DMV to send the tax man a note to send a bill for taxes, How can they block perm tags next year if you dont pay the bill.
#3 If yours is for more then 10,000 then someone f''ed up if you gross is 5 ton because your grose is your max and thats 10,000 lbs. I think it was talked about before about being over 10k needing insp. because the different bracket.
I have had mine looked a by DMV and it has no Inspection on it now and was told it was fine. Plus Lots of talks on the phone with inspectors about it. But I'm under 10k (9990)
Sorry to tell you but you wrong about that, Like I said if Perm tags YOU need to file PP taxs in most cases.
Also I have three other trailers that I own and are titled in my name and I never get a tax bill on them..:lol:
Two boat trailers and one 6x12 utility trailer, when the cost of the trailer falls to a point that they don't make much tax money on it then, they drop it from the tax listing and you pay no more taxes.......
no im not wrong about it. maybe its been changed, but my small trailer that had a title , i got a tax bill on it. like $6.00 it could be the f'n county i lived in to.
you are probably correct on it now though. this was about 15 years ago.

no im not wrong about it. maybe its been changed, but my small trailer that had a title , i got a tax bill on it. like $6.00 it could be the f'n county i lived in to.
you are probably correct on it now though. this was about 15 years ago.

A lot changes in 15 years.
You could not get a perm trailer tag 15 years ago.
That just started a few years back. Before that it was 7 year tag.

A lot changes in 15 years.
You could not get a perm trailer tag 15 years ago.
That just started a few years back. Before that it was 7 year tag.
i appreciate you going through all the trouble of putting up this info. because i was wanting to know and have not yet found out. :beer:

Any place that does inspections can do trailers as long as they have the motorcycle/trailer stickers and they can fit the towrig into the shop, the trailer can be outside but you need to be able to fit the towrig into the shop so that you can say that you drove it and you know that the brakes work. It costs $9.10 and they just check the tires, lights, brakes.

I got pulled by dmv while pulling my blazer on a 16ft. dovetail tag along trailer with my dually. The only thing he was worried about was whether my tag was registered for enough weight. he looked at the truck and trailer setup from front to rear and never mentioned anything about an inspection for the trailer. and my trailer was originally from south carolina so it has never had an inspection sticker.

I got pulled by dmv while pulling my blazer on a 16ft. dovetail tag along trailer with my dually. The only thing he was worried about was whether my tag was registered for enough weight. he looked at the truck and trailer setup from front to rear and never mentioned anything about an inspection for the trailer. and my trailer was originally from south carolina so it has never had an inspection sticker.
Did he scale you or what? what was you tags at? What was your weight? WhY did he pull you any reason, was you load tied ok?

He just pulled me to do a safety inspection and to see if my tags were heavy enough. I run a 16000lb tag, on my dually so that was fine. He didnt scale me, he seemed satisfied that my setup was probably under that weight. He said they were checking the tag weight more aggressively as many people in personal pickups were running passenger tags or the very lightest weighted tags, then hauling way over that. As far as the load, I had four 10000 pound straps attached to the frame. two in front two in back. He never said anything at all about how it was secured though.

Where did he pull you over? Was it a city/county PO or a state trooper?

i thought the law was that the straps had to be on the axle? however most wrecker straps to the frame.

On the tax issue i really got screwed they valued my car trailer at $10,000 dollars, i had my dad title it when i was in CT. just mailed him a blank check when i saw the check clear the bank i was like what the fawk. So i called DMV i had to file a tax appeal w/ pictures and 2 written estimates by trailer dealers on the value of the trailer. I made the estimates up after asking multiple trailer dealers and they were like we have no idea what your talking about what do you want us to do. never got my money back but they did lessen the value of the trailer for subsequent PP tax bills.

He just pulled me to do a safety inspection and to see if my tags were heavy enough. I run a 16000lb tag, on my dually so that was fine. He didnt scale me, he seemed satisfied that my setup was probably under that weight. He said they were checking the tag weight more aggressively as many people in personal pickups were running passenger tags or the very lightest weighted tags, then hauling way over that. As far as the load, I had four 10000 pound straps attached to the frame. two in front two in back. He never said anything at all about how it was secured though.
Then it would have had to been DMV if he just pulled you for a safety inspection, Even then most DMV will not pull you if something does not get them looking at you in the first place but this may help..... http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/2387119/
It would have been HP mark, but still DMV now that they are all part of the same. Most drive a Chevy SUV.

Yes, he was Definetely Motor Carrier Enforcement. He said the main reason he pulled me was to make sure my tags were heavy enough. As I said before. He said they were having trouble with pickups not registering heavy enough. He did seem very new though. This happened on 421 in wilkes county, just outside of N.Wilkesboro. As far as what your suppose to hook to, the frame or the axle I dont know, but ive always pulled vehicles secured by the frame and never had a problems from LEO's of any kind from any state.

Back