Trailer brake controller

Keith1138

After searching the forum we havent had a thread on these in a awhile like 5 years. I'm starting to look for one for my 2019 chevy Silverado 1500 LD.

Which one would you recommend?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Tekonsha is usually the standard from what I have seen. I have had two of their Prodigy controllers and have been happy with them. The P3 is supposed to be good also, but I have no experience with that model.

Tekonsha is usually the standard from what I have seen. I have had two of their Prodigy controllers and have been happy with them. The P3 is supposed to be good also, but I have no experience with that model.

Ditto....I pulled one off the shelf in the garage that I'd saved for over 10 years. Had it in my old 99 'Burban, bought a new adapter, put it in the F150, works like a charm.

How you pay that much for a truck and it be 2wd, AND not have a brake controller??

You know I gotta give you a hard time! :D

Those trucks do have a factory option, it’s pre-wired and would be super easy to install, that would be my option. However if I were going to buy aftermarket, hands down Tekonsha Prodigy P3.

My truck came with one factory style and it’s good but everything I have heard is what you’ve been told ^^^ if you need an aftermarket install.

How you pay that much for a truck and it be 2wd, AND not have a brake controller??

You know I gotta give you a hard time! :D

Those trucks do have a factory option, it’s pre-wired and would be super easy to install, that would be my option. However if I were going to buy aftermarket, hands down Tekonsha Prodigy P3.
I'm gonna call the dealership tomorrow and price how much it would be. And if I was to do the work if it would void the warranty.

Well after a little bit more research you cannot have the factory trailer brake module installed on a truck that didnt come with it.

I have had a Prodigy 2 for probably 10 years now and still works great

Well after a little bit more research you cannot have the factory trailer brake module installed on a truck that didnt come with it.

That sucks. With the fords you can. Then take it to the dealership and have it “turned on”

Teknosha Prodigy P3 and don't look back, should be plug in play. Granted if you would've bought a real truck it would've came with one from the factory.

Teknosha Prodigy P3 and don't look back, should be plug in play. Granted if you would've bought a real truck it would've came with one from the factory.
Yeah and a real truck would have came with 4 wheel drive.

Back