trail opinion

Thumper

trailer opinion

Would a boat trailer be a good frame to build on for a trail rig? The longest I need is 15 feet, and the trailer I am looking at the boat had the cabin on the inside. So the frame is strong enough isn't it?
Thanks in advance

Use a trailer made for the job...

do you want to build a car carrier off of this frame or build a trail rig?

scarry thought!

I want to know if its a good idea to build a car carrier out of the boat trailer frame. because i can get the frame and alittle scrap metal for free to build it.

I want to know if its a good idea to build a car carrier out of the boat trailer frame. because i can get the frame and alittle scrap metal for free to build it.

Ok shew...now we can all sleep much better...in that case

Use a trailer made for the job...

Not being an ass, but that boat trailer will be made out of hollow tube galvalum or pure aluminum...neither is up to the job of hauling a car...

it's really a big "depends" -- we used to have a boat trailer (built in 72 or so) that was for a 22', made of steel 6" heavy channel. That thing could have hauled 2 jeeps and still be OK. Modern trailers, yep. Run.

The boat on the trailer is about a 68 v-hull nad has the cabin in it. I work at the marina and we junk the boats and keep the trailers. It is metal I know that but was going to put a wood floor on it.

Just a idea I had plus it was free!

Not being an ass, but that boat trailer will be made out of hollow tube galvalum or pure aluminum...neither is up to the job of hauling a car...

Exactly why I said "Use a trailer (car trailer) made for the job (to haul a car)

Boy, I said Boy, open yer ears, son! :flipoff2:

Back