TOYS for ROCKS!!!...MTN city aug 6th

Paul and the Administrator....

Here you go Cydney and Shawn saved his camara! lol

BTW no one was hurt in the making of this video. hehe

Hope he had a good time, enjoyed having him ride with us!!!

youtu.be/QstpSOHDGSw

Here some pics....

Really had a blast that day for a GREAT cause!!!

Attachments

• 056.JPG
    056.JPG
    142.7 KB · Views: 667
  • 042.JPG
    042.JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 630
  • 040.JPG
    040.JPG
    152.2 KB · Views: 622
  • 066.JPG
    066.JPG
    166.9 KB · Views: 670
  • 085.JPG
    085.JPG
    151.2 KB · Views: 648
  • 035.JPG
    035.JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 671
Had a blast...

Heard more toys got collected this time, blew last year away.
Yey!!! Great news!!!
Paul broke a drive shaft and Pinky finally broke an axle. She took a beating this trip but dang she is tough and goes!!!!
See she even exercised before the trip....LOL

Attachments

• 097.jpg
    097.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 663
  • 105.jpg
    105.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 637
  • 109.jpg
    109.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 650
  • 102.jpg
    102.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 632
Paul, I tried waterfall the same as you did, with the hole NOT full of rocks. Different outcome, I didn't roll, but somewhere someone got some good shots of the bottome side of my Jeep

I had a great time! Many thanks to so many people. Big thanks to JC for bring my seats up from Noah, and a big thanks also for NOT letting me oversleep on Friday LOL
Shawn showed up just in time to climb out of his truck and into my Jeep for a night ride on Friday night. It was extended a little as 3DCrawler's plate that holds his ram mount peeled back and left him without steering. We broke out the Ready Welder and in short time had it back in place and ready to go. But, not before he broke a finger when he hit it while slinging a hammer to straighten out the metal.:)
Saturday morning brought in around 18-20 CTBers to ride the trails or as a passenger. We had a fun time and covered a lot of ground. We had a large group, actually too large, but did the best we could. I finally got to try out the extension to Amoral. It's awesome!
Back to camp when 3DCrawler had a mis hap and hit a stump, sheering off all four studs that hold his high steer on. We come up with the idea to bolt the drag link to the stock drag link mount of his knuckle to get it on then off his trailer once home.
We had an awesome BBQ dinner with mama's turtles famous BBQ beans! There was very little waiting as Doug was watching as people were walking up, and relayed how many plates was needed. It's there where I bought my raffle tickets for the Grand Cherokee give away.

I WON!!!!!!!

So, as posted earlier, the Jeep will be going to my step daughter Laura, who just happened to have gotten her drivers learner permit on Friday!

Gargantua's thanks to fellow CTBer Rodney Eppes who donated the Jeep as a way for more funds to be bought for the kids of Johnson County TN. Thanks Rodney your heart is near as big as your hat! BTW no new hat needed, it works for you man!

Thanks to Doug for the countless hours in preparation of all of this! and to all the folks behind the scene. It was great.

After Dinner on Saturday, several of us decided we needed to go on another night ride. I had the CTB Commander RJ Mozely riding shotgun with me. I wanted to go somewhere different than where we wheeled so far this weekend, and he suggested Grey trail. Well, it starts off as a hill climb, and continues into more hill climb! He had rode this trail on a part CTB ride and knew that we had to turn right,...somewhere. So, we did. Several times! We finally ended up back on skyline and knew where we were after a good bit of trail and error. I knew that once back at the entrance to tower trail,(on right) and TOW on left, I could go left past TOW and then hang a left, and come into the right side of the camp. I know you can, I do, but it worked out a little different than we expected. Long story short, we ended up at the dead end of Church street. As we came out between two barns, we heard a faint sound of banjo's, so we kept going. we came to a stop sign and those with those fancy phones were trying to figure out just where we were. I recognized auction sign, and took a right, about a mile up the road was Furnace creek road, and back into the camp ground! See guys, I told you I knew the way! LOL

Sunday morning brought some very cloudy Sky's. David looked at the radar and saw we were in for it in about 15 mins. He was right on the money. David and Steve packed up. I knew I didn't have time to, so we rode it out, cooked breakfast and waited for it to stop. I layed back down for a short nap, then we packed up and came home. Didn't leave till about 3, but, I was in no hurry to go anywhere

Also, a great big thanks to Neeta. She was very hospitable and helpful. Even came around with a sprayer to spray for bugs if we needed it. Shower house was nice and clean, and the campground was clean too. Many trash cans around so no problem with a place to put trash. Lot's more to do up there, but she and her crew have made a lot of improvements!

BTW The raffle Jeep made it all the way back home under it's own power. heated up the brake caliper a bit, but other than that it did great! So a few minor things needed like calipers, pads and a couple hoses. Fix the oil sending unit/gage, and she will be just about ready to DD. Thanks to Brad and Jason for getting it back home for me!

Congratulations Chip!

Doug, Lisa, thank you so much for taking care of our group this weekend! The meals were great and as always, you are wonderful host!

Neeta...thanks for use of the park! Will keep you and your family in our prayers and we certainly hope to see you again soon.

Brian

Raffle Prize *

Congrats, Chip! & you didn't have to buy ALL the tickets! That turd has been sitting up for over a year. I think the sticky brakes, & shift problem, is what had me fooled, on the tranny. Glad to here it made the trip home. Yes, need lot of TLC, but I bet the "Price", was worth it. Good Luck to your daughter.:bounce2:

[let her put some lipstick on it!]

nice pics and vids. hopefully i'll be back on the trail by winter.

BTW The raffle Jeep made it all the way back home under it's own power. heated up the brake caliper a bit, but other than that it did great! So a few minor things needed like calipers, pads and a couple hoses. Fix the oil sending unit/gage, and she will be just about ready to DD. Thanks to Brad and Jason for getting it back home for me!

You always win these kinda things man, if I buy some scratch off tickets ya mind scratchin em for me haha?

Congrats.

Here are some photos from Saturday's ride with the Big Dixie Boggers. The whole gallery is posted here. Thanks Paul and Deanna for riding me around all day. I had an awesome time.

DSC_2172.JPG

DSC_2198.JPG

DSC_2271.JPG

DSC_2297.JPG

DSC_2351.JPG

DSC_2388.JPG

@Shawn, what kind of camera are you using? Any editing in these pics such as sharpening?

Nikon D7000 with a 35mm 1.4.

No real post-processing... a few got cropped, several got a hint of brightness/contrast tweaking, then I batch resized them w/Picasa to 1200px. That's *probably* the standard Nikon settings... maybe with the saturation pushed up one point.

jAlbum resizes them from 1200 to 800px and also strips the exif data, but it's in the big version if you click "Download Original" in the album.

I like the camera a lot, but that little prime lens is the reason those photos look like they do.

Nikon D7000 with a 35mm 1.4.

No real post-processing... a few got cropped, several got a hint of brightness/contrast tweaking, then I batch resized them w/Picasa to 1200px. That's *probably* the standard Nikon settings... maybe with the saturation pushed up one point.

jAlbum resizes them from 1200 to 800px and also strips the exif data, but it's in the big version if you click "Download Original" in the album.

I like the camera a lot, but that little prime lens is the reason those photos look like they do.

Don't know much about camera's but does the prime lens come with it or is it an accessory? Because I love the way those look

Those are some sharp photos for sure. I think I can see the oreo in ole jeeps right hand as he is about to flip. Lol.

Don't know much about camera's but does the prime lens come with it or is it an accessory? Because I love the way those look

The Nikons either come with an 18-55mm zoom or a 18-105mm zoom, depending on the camera. Both of mine were purchased body-only without any lenses.

Anyway, the 35mm 1.4 doesn't usually come with a camera, you have to buy it separately. I think it's about $200 new for the DX version.

ol'Jeeps, I got a bunch of you on the waterfall. Give me a day or two, I want to see if I can make an animated gif out of them.

They are nice pics!!! Glad the camara still works. LOL
Shawn you can hitch a ride anytime if you want to or just ride in Pinky. Hehe
Anyway really had a great time Paul is working on fixing her now for DPG.
He hasn't even began on his yet.
Hope to do this again next year, love all the toys that got collected!
Next time we will camp and night ride!!!

Back