toyota dd

toyota1

heres my current wheeler/ dd its a 1986 toyota with a 84 front axles ruf tundra rears its coming along but not done yet

ai357.photobucket.com_albums_oo20_jrea42_Copy2ofPicture015_1.jpg

stock at the gultches

ai357.photobucket.com_albums_oo20_jrea42_Copy2ofPicture038_1.jpg

05 tundra rear springs tg 6" shackles and hanger

http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo20/jrea42/Copy2ofPicture042.jpg
cutting and grinding on the old
ai357.photobucket.com_albums_oo20_jrea42_Copy2ofPicture039.jpg

ai357.photobucket.com_albums_oo20_jrea42_Copy2ofPicture048.jpg

in with the new
ai357.photobucket.com_albums_oo20_jrea42_Picture050.jpg

ai357.photobucket.com_albums_oo20_jrea42_Picture061.jpg

ai357.photobucket.com_albums_oo20_jrea42_Picture057.jpg

37" hummers bought off the board, still waiting on wheels

ai357.photobucket.com_albums_oo20_jrea42_Copy2ofPicture048.jpg

ai357.photobucket.com_albums_oo20_jrea42_Picture060.jpg

ai357.photobucket.com_albums_oo20_jrea42_Copy2ofPicture039.jpg

ai357.photobucket.com_albums_oo20_jrea42_tn.jpg

crappy cellphone pic of my first sqaure drive shaft, it has no vibrations all the way to 70mph lol

ai357.photobucket.com_albums_oo20_jrea42_yotaaa.jpg

ai357.photobucket.com_albums_oo20_jrea42_tnt.jpg

how she sits now, im waiting on wheels, steering stabiler kit, ubolt flip kit for the back, and shock mount kit for the back

my dads rig
ai357.photobucket.com_albums_oo20_jrea42_CopyofPicture012_1.jpg

nice toy! even better tag! GO TIGERS!!

Thanks, my girlfriend goes to clemson

Wheels came in! im gonna try and get it on the 37's this weekend since i doubt i can make it to 4wheel parts this week

Nice yota! i like the tundra rear springs idea... how much lift did they give you with the shackles and do you happen to know the lentgh on them?

you really shouldnt need the steering stabilizer kit. im running without one and have no vibration or anything. actually my SA drives better than the ifs did( and the ifs was in good shape)

the tundra leafs are pretty close to f150 but it equaled my front 6pack ruf with a 6" shackle

yeah on the maiden road trip i had some vibratation come to find out it was a loose shackle bolt but it drives great all the way to 75mph now

tg 5.29 and a spartan in back and 5.29 and open in the front till i get the cash for some long's

after getting the 37's on the wheels i decided mostly as a joke to try and drive with 37's and stock 4.10's..... i actually like the 37's with 4.10 gears, i didnt expect it to even move but it does good on and off road

im thinking the extra power my motor has may help but i think im gonna leave the 4.10's for now and spend money in the t-case area

i cant decide if i want to do a double with 2.28 or a single 4.7 my front shaft wont need to be modded but my rear will and ill need to do the topshift conversion, any opinions on whats better?? the price's seem close

pics up soon

nice yota my friend. pics of teh dirty sevens? how much total you got in teh SAS

Ill put the pics up when I can find my camera, I have about 1100 in it and that includes the axle high steer tires and wheels

ai357.photobucket.com_albums_oo20_jrea42_376.jpg

ai357.photobucket.com_albums_oo20_jrea42_372.jpg

ai357.photobucket.com_albums_oo20_jrea42_372.jpg

the 37s mounted and flex test, it came out nice and low the tires look smallish in the pics tho

And to add some tech I got sky mfg shick mount kit to mount like this /\ and I order a spartan locker and 4.7 kit

they worked out great the length they were was right and i just notched them in put um on, btw did you do the welding on the tab? im jelous of good welding skills.... and nice welders haha

personally i like them they ride good on the road and everything offroad they seem to hookup good, i havnt taken them through mud but i have done trails and rocks and no complaints

an update, i got a spartan locker installed in the rear, i wasnt to sure about it when i put it in but it works good, i didnt take any pics since i lost my camera

as soon as ecgs gets a 4.7 kit in ill be putting that in also hopfully in time to make opening weekend at uhwarrie

havnt made to much progress, redid the exhaust and working on a plate bumper but heres some pics

ai357.photobucket.com_albums_oo20_jrea42_Picture066.jpg

ai357.photobucket.com_albums_oo20_jrea42_Picture065.jpg

ai357.photobucket.com_albums_oo20_jrea42_Picture063.jpg

ai357.photobucket.com_albums_oo20_jrea42_Picture062.jpg

figured ide post the progress of the last year and some pics if anybody has any questions or critism
ure last decmeber lowered 2" all the way around still single case and 4.10 open front in this pic
ai357.photobucket.com_albums_oo20_jrea42_uhwarrie.jpg

ran some trails at my buddies house in this no mods since the last pic
ai357.photobucket.com_albums_oo20_jrea42_toyotaonatrail.jpg

heres where the big changes start new lighter front bumper and dual cases
ai357.photobucket.com_albums_oo20_jrea42_uhwarrie.jpg
ai357.photobucket.com_albums_oo20_jrea42_toyotabumper.jpg
heres how it sits now dual stock cases aussie front spartan rear tg chromoly 27 birfs tg skid 18" off the back sleeved rear drive shaft and marlin clutch, so much better than when i first built it and now its not my dd
ai357.photobucket.com_albums_oo20_jrea42_toyotabob.jpg

trailer only since i bought a new truck
ai357.photobucket.com_albums_oo20_jrea42_toyotatrailer.jpg

lemme know what ya think knock on wood i havnt actually broken any thing but shock mounts and thats bc i welded them to hot and it weakened the metal around it, i beat the fender wells and got some 14" tg ones
little video of chicken hill at ure

Back