TJ to JK the Medication build

I was going to post and say that I should buy beadlocks for all our junk, so I don't have to debead tires all the time just to clean the trash out of them. But then I went and looked up those pretty Trailgear wheels.

So instead I come here to say "can't hide money". :flipoff2:

IMG_20160423_154557564.jpg

Ball joints done, with no balance just a little shake at 55 on the new wheels, might as well balance them. Thanks @Don for the help today.

Looking a little closer, the current ball joints are alloy USA joints, I remember them being synergy. I am going to order a set of synergy joint for now, I have seen many have great service with them and they are half the price of dynatrac

FYI - The alloys are actually a little better made than the Poly's and have a 3 year warranty which you fall under I'm pretty sure.

What is the benefit of the sectional beadlock rings? I'm curious because I have never seen them before.

What is the benefit of the sectional beadlock rings? I'm curious because I have never seen them before.
Easier/cheaper to replace one fubar section than having to replace an entire ring. Plus you can go all mall crawler and have multiple colors.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Easier/cheaper to replace one fubar section than having to replace an entire ring. Plus you can go all mall crawler and have multiple colors.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
That may be their sales reason, but manufacturing is alot easier with less scrap. That's likely the real reason they make them like that.

I'm not completely sure about the reasoning on the sectional rings, but I can tell you they were a breeze to assemble, checked air today, zero leaks! Just got home from Clark Tire morganton, they balanced very well, 3 averaged 4 ounces, one took 8 ounces.

You had it to the dealer yet?

Yep sure did, it never miss fired any sat afternoon at aop, when I unprogrammed the procal to take it to them it also erased the missfire code. Dealer ran it on scanner for an hr, did a PCM update. Never showed one missfire. I guess it just took time to burn all the oil out of it from when I had it on its side to long at windrock. They didn't charge me a dime.

Got my gas tank skid done , and finished up my trail cage. I needed the gas tank skid bad, had a hell of a time getting it on. It fits over the stock skid and with it being smashed/ spread out it was a real PITA. You can see the gap between the stock and the new skid.

I am happy with how the cage come out, it took a good bit of time and a lot of trimming. This is the Rock Hard Trail Cage. No, it is not a full welded in cage, but it should keep the windshield off of me and help the Jeep hold up in a hard rollover. I researched this cage before buying and it has proven itself in rollovers, should do just fine, and didn't cost a fortune.

Back