TJ, LJ, CJ and YJ Skid Plates

i liked the first 1 so well i ordered 2 today. at his deal of the day special. :beer: my pinion gaurd came in today. i think he must start packaging while he is taking your order

i liked the first 1 so well i ordered 2 today. at his deal of the day special. :beer: my pinion gaurd came in today. i think he must start packaging while he is taking your order
he does! i have been their while he packs orders.

Can you get the TJ skids made longer? These are substantially smaller than others on the market, and no where near as long as the stocker.

Can you get the TJ skids made longer? These are substantially smaller than others on the market, and no where near as long as the stocker.

Shawn,
Here is I picture of my tj skid on top of a factory skid for comparison. You are right there is a difference. In the rear the factory skid has a "off shoot" and then comes back in. My skid is longer than the inset and shorter then the off shoot. BUT it goes back far enough to completely cover the transfer case. By making it straight in the back the rib can provide the most resistance to bending. I see no reason to make the back longer (since it covers the transfer case) and limit the mounting locations on the bottom of the frame for your lower control arms. The front is a tad shorter than the stock (2" or a little less). The only thing in the front to protect is the transmission. The trans is about 15" or so wide so over the two inch you are still not really loosing any thing and it frees up lower control mounts location. To me the only thing that it needs is a trans / oil pan skid that can be attached to the skid plates and I already have the prototype in the floor. Also the larger the "span" of the skid plate the easer it is to bend. Also being a little shorter in the front the customer is less likely to have to cut the front rib for drive shaft clearance when using low pinion chevy or dodge Dana 60's and a dana 300 which maintains the structural integrity of the skid. Don't hesitate to throw out ideas if you ever have some, I am always open to discussion on how to make a product better! Hope this helps.

DSC07785.JPG

Back