TJ 02 sensor wiring

Snowboardingmofo

I have a cheat sensor I am going to wire into my Cat's 02 sensor on my 97 TJ but I don't know what wires on the factory sensor match to the harness. I have 2 whites, one grey & one black on the factory sensor. Does anyone know which one of these match to the power, ground, signal & Heater signal? Thanks.

WARNING - Advice you didn't ask for, follows.

Just went through this with a customer - put in his own generic sensor from (Pink Parts place)

DON'T do it.

The OE grade replacement, with the correct sensor and the factory plug is only a few dollars more then the generic sensor.

He paid twice for the same sensor, because the generic one didn't work.

Also - you do know there are 2 O2 sensors in your Jeep - don't you?
Make sure you are replacing the one that is really at fault.

Yeah, this cheat sensor that I picked was given to me free, so I don't have any money tied up in it and my factory sensor won't work anyway cause I have gutted the cat. So no matter what kind of sensor I get, the check engine light will remain on. The whole point of the cheat sensor is to trick the computer into thinking the 02 sensor is reading the right levels of exhaust inside the cat. I know that there are 2 sensors in the exhaust system, one at the down pipe from the header and one in the cat, the one I am connecting to the cheat sensor is the one in the cat. So all I need to know is the wiring configuration for the factory 02 sensor so I can wire it into the cheat sensor. Thanks for the help.

Snowboardingmofo said:
Yeah, this cheat sensor that I picked was given to me free, so I don't have any money tied up in it and my factory sensor won't work anyway cause I have gutted the cat. So no matter what kind of sensor I get, the check engine light will remain on. The whole point of the cheat sensor is to trick the computer into thinking the 02 sensor is reading the right levels of exhaust inside the cat. I know that there are 2 sensors in the exhaust system, one at the down pipe from the header and one in the cat, the one I am connecting to the cheat sensor is the one in the cat. So all I need to know is the wiring configuration for the factory 02 sensor so I can wire it into the cheat sensor. Thanks for the help.

do you have a 2.5 or 4.0l? the reason i ask is recently i busted a wire going to the down stream O2, and it through a code. so i went out and picked up a new O2 went to replace it but had a hell of a time getting to old O2 out. ended up pulling the cat out of the jeep just to get to the O2, when i had the cat out i noticed that it was empty. long story short, i put the new O2 in and reinstalled everything includeing the hollow cat and the code cleared.

Back