tie downs

87xj

i am going to hauling my rig this weekend to ure whats the best wasy to tie it down do u strap it down by the body ar to the axels i have hauled plenty of cars before but nothing with as much body roll as my jeep and if tieing to the body would the hitch be a good point to use in the rear thanks guys

I use four straps on the axles to secure the rig onto the trailer, and I strap them from side to side in an X front and back. Then one more strap through my d-rings on the bumper to compress the front suspension a bit and prevent body roll. If I'm short on straps I'll sometimes use the winch to suck down the suspension a little, although that is not my preferred method. It tows rock solid like that.

On mine I run a chain on the front and rear axle to hold it in place and then I run straps to compress the suspension on all four corners to keep the body from swaying my tow rig.

whenever i have towed my fullsize i have always run a strap from the trailer to my towhooks up front and a strap to my hitch in the rear sucks the suspension down and holds it in place pretty well, ive never had it move around on me

Back