that'll work...

Blkvoodoo

professionally useless
tumblr_lzhwzn5sfA1r71z87o1_1280.jpg

...for a while.

long enough to make bacon and then some

I have a friend that is a chainsaw...., well I don't know what you would call him but he has over 100 of the things. Its pretty crazy to see some of the stuff he comes up with like that.

My neighbor was just telling me about these the other day. He had a name for them... Norwegian Candle or something like that.

That's just cool!

I remember hearing about those some time ago but never tried it.

How did you light it?
How long did it burn before becoming unstable?

Seems very efficient

I remember hearing about those some time ago but never tried it.

How did you light it?
How long did it burn before becoming unstable?

Seems very efficient

I didn't, just something I found somewhere else and would like to try .

It does look rather efficient, most of the cooking should be done by the time it becomes unstable.

My neighbor was just telling me about these the other day. He had a name for them... Norwegian Candle or something like that.
Close, It's a Handmade Russian Stove.

Cut it like the pict above shows and cram newspaper as far down as you can get it. leave a piece of the newspaper sticking out the side to light.

Oh and don't use Pine. use a hardwood. :D

my buddy sent me a youtube video of that the other day, it was called a swedish stove. they're cool, i'll have to try it out on my next camping trip

I am going to try this!

That's Uber cool, the airflow through the cracks and concentrated heat rising straight up would be super hot, enough to heat a deep fryer I imagine! i might try it w a big piece of White Oak. I guess it's better to remove the bark to cut down on the smoke?

Back