Thanks From The Forest Service

DRaider90

Uwharrie Off-Road Volunteering
This was mentioned briefly in the past, but I will re-state it for those that aren't aware. Usually they don't even have work days during the middle of the summer because of the heat. They don't want people having heat stroke etc etc. On numerous occasions different people in the Forest Service have taken notice of our commitment to showing up for the work days, even druing the summer. In 2 different instances the words "blown away by the amount of people that showed up in the heat" have been used.

So be aware that the Forest Service does appreciate us coming out even in the hot summer months. It shows them that our group is dedicated to helping out how ever we can. :beer:

always a pleasure and good bonding time with the guys. we always bust our chops together. i tell ya, if i ever busted my jeep out in URE, these guys would be the first ones lending me a hand

:beer::beer::beer:

I usually help the NC State Parks Dept (though work) a few times per year . They tell us they don't have work days in the summer months due to the heat, and poisonous snakes and spiders in the woods.
...and ticks too (hate them damn things)

Almost forgot about another tidbit from the Forest Service. They were impressed with our organization and attention to safety. In particular they were amazed to see we have cones, "slow" signs etc. Even to the point they took down the number of the place we used to order the cones to get some of their own. I know some people have thought I have gone off the deep end with the safety stuff, but this should help.

:beer:It's good to see people come together for a common good. THIS is what it is about!

Back