Tarheel 4x4

NASH-TY-AMC

dont go there unless you like getting the high price rammed in your butt or if you accually want someone to work on your vehicle this lifetime

Supporting details? Or just bashing? I know alot of independent shops have a time keeping up with mailorder prices, but there are a few that are outrageously high locally. But, you really should let us know the details dude.

Supporting details? Or just bashing? I know alot of independent shops have a time keeping up with mailorder prices, but there are a few that are outrageously high locally. But, you really should let us know the details dude.
I agree.:popcorn:

dont go there unless you like getting the high price rammed in your butt or if you accually want someone to work on your vehicle this lifetime

Dude, if you don't like their prices, don't shop there. If you don't like their service, do it yourself, or have a different shop do it. When you come in here and just throw out wild accusations like that you're the one who looks bad, not them.

well i left my jeep cj7 with them for some frame mounts(rusty) not a big job,so time went by and 8 months later i picked my jeep up from the same place i parked it months earlier.might i ad i had done business with them for 10+ years,dont know what happened but they have lost a lot of business(including mine,never again). the guy in the shop(i wont name people)accually does great work when he doesnt have that dick on his arogant head. i really dont like bashing them but they have been talking shit about me and my father,because we get our work done elsewhere alot cheaper with a smile

Dude, if you don't like their prices, don't shop there. If you don't like their service, do it yourself, or have a different shop do it. When you come in here and just throw out wild accusations like that you're the one who looks bad, not them.
i did, everything i said was true. ru one of their loyal customers,lol

Sure you did, after several people asked you to explain yourself. Or did you read this thread from the bottom up?

For the record, I've bought several items from them over the years, but nothing that amounted to much. Probably less than $500 all told over about four years. I've never had service of any type done there, but I've never had any other shop do anything either. If i need something done, I do it myself. So sure, I do occasionally shop there, but I'm far from what you would call a "loyal customer".

But having said that, I am pretty darn good at detecting bullshit, and I'm detecting some right now. Eight months? And in that whole time you're saying that not only the vehicle didn't move, you let them keep it that whole time knowing that they weren't working on it? It's pretty obvious that there is way more to this story than you're willing to talk about. If you let you vehicle stay anywhere for that long knowing that it wasn't being worked on then you have played a part in the issue too.

I had my jeep worked on there two times this month ( different problems ) and they did outstanding work both times !! And , no they did not do it for free ... they are in business to make money . I have been a customer for many years and will continue to buy from them and have my jeep serviced by them when I can not do the work myself .

Steve is a great guy.
But something is a miss there lately.
I have done a fair amount of business there over the years, but there have been major rumblings for about a year or so, and lately it has escalated. I will not start pointing fingers(as two incidents I KNOW about but were not MY vehicles) , but I will say that even those who have done business there in the past should be cautious if dealing today....

Sure you did, after several people asked you to explain yourself. Or did you read this thread from the bottom up?

For the record, I've bought several items from them over the years, but nothing that amounted to much. Probably less than $500 all told over about four years. I've never had service of any type done there, but I've never had any other shop do anything either. If i need something done, I do it myself. So sure, I do occasionally shop there, but I'm far from what you would call a "loyal customer".

But having said that, I am pretty darn good at detecting bullshit, and I'm detecting some right now. Eight months? And in that whole time you're saying that not only the vehicle didn't move, you let them keep it that whole time knowing that they weren't working on it? It's pretty obvious that there is way more to this story than you're willing to talk about. If you let you vehicle stay anywhere for that long knowing that it wasn't being worked on then you have played a part in the issue too.
your an idiot

Steve is a great guy.
But something is a miss there lately.
I have done a fair amount of business there over the years, but there have been major rumblings for about a year or so, and lately it has escalated. I will not start pointing fingers(as two incidents I KNOW about but were not MY vehicles) , but I will say that even those who have done business there in the past should be cautious if dealing today....
your right,Steve is a good guy sometimes. i was freinds with steve for 26 years until all the bs

your bs detecter is pointing your way,tarheel sucks

ill say what i want,if you dont like it dont read it:fuck-you::flipoff2:

your an idiot
wow, how very articulate and informative.

your right,Steve is a good guy sometimes. i was freinds with steve for 26 years until all the bs
You still have said what "this bs" is, besides him having teh jeep a lon gtime and something baout his dick. How about soem actual facts and not opinions.

your bs detecter is pointing your way,tarheel sucks
Again, no facts.

ill say what i want,if you dont like it dont read it:fuck-you::flipoff2:

The whole point of this section and these threads is to inform others about what to look out for so taht they do not have similar problems.
Just saying "they suck" provides no information.

I happen to really hate Duke's basketball team.
Should I therefore tell anybody not to go to school there, it is an awefull school just because "Duke sucks"?

Has NASH-TY-AMC brought much postive to this sight? I do believe reading another post about questionable place/practices for wheeling. Sometimes it's better to have an opinion and NOT go out bashing and be so rash. This kind of drama makes me think twice about this board that is set up to help our sport not drag us all down. If you have a problem state the facts not the high school name calling!!!!

Has NASH-TY-AMC brought much postive to this sight? I do believe reading another post about questionable place/practices for wheeling. Sometimes it's better to have an opinion and NOT go out bashing and be so rash. This kind of drama makes me think twice about this board that is set up to help our sport not drag us all down. If you have a problem state the facts not the high school name calling!!!!
i hear you point taken. dont know what post or thread you are talking about,ill just leave the tarheel thing alone,for a second i stooped to their level and was shit talking

wow, how very articulate and informative.
You still have said what "this bs" is, besides him having teh jeep a lon gtime and something baout his dick. How about soem actual facts and not opinions.
Again, no facts.
The whole point of this section and these threads is to inform others about what to look out for so taht they do not have similar problems.
Just saying "they suck" provides no information.
I happen to really hate Duke's basketball team.
Should I therefore tell anybody not to go to school there, it is an awefull school just because "Duke sucks"?
your right they can do good work, good shop if you have the money and don't mind the down time,Steve O. is an A++ fabricator

I won't go there to buy parts because if it's more than a complete bolt on lift of something they can match up to a specific vehicle the sales guys don't know shit about what you're talking about or they don't have it in stock. I could never go there and get a ubolt with x dimensions or just ask for a spicer 5-760x ujoint for example.

It really depends on who you deal with. Jacob is a good guy, seems to be learning quick. Ron should have been able to help you with stuff, he spouts parts #s for most anything I describe when i stop in there. Phillip is mostly on Line-X but can typically find you an answer to your question if he doesn't know it.

I have known Steve and the guys in the shop for years(one of their new guys worked for me for a while). Right now is a tough time for a lot of independant shops. Making ends meet in these economic times can be very difficult. Time is sometimes short and things get away from you. It happens to the best shops out there at times.

Not sure why you had the falling out Heath. Just realized who it was posting this.....

If you have an issue with a local shop.....first, go to them. If you can't get things resolved post here. Just make sure that you are clear about what happened. It makes it alot easier to read and make a clear decision about if you want to deal with the shop or not. It also does not muddy a legitimate issue by making you look like an ass. I know that we had some issues along the way when i was open. Every shop does. Hopefully they can deal with whatever issues you had with them and move on. I hope it works out for you.

It really depends on who you deal with. Jacob is a good guy, seems to be learning quick. Ron should have been able to help you with stuff, he spouts parts #s for most anything I describe when i stop in there. Phillip is mostly on Line-X but can typically find you an answer to your question if he doesn't know it.
I have known Steve and the guys in the shop for years(one of their new guys worked for me for a while). Right now is a tough time for a lot of independant shops. Making ends meet in these economic times can be very difficult. Time is sometimes short and things get away from you. It happens to the best shops out there at times.
Not sure why you had the falling out Heath. Just realized who it was posting this.....
If you have an issue with a local shop.....first, go to them. If you can't get things resolved post here. Just make sure that you are clear about what happened. It makes it alot easier to read and make a clear decision about if you want to deal with the shop or not. It also does not muddy a legitimate issue by making you look like an ass. I know that we had some issues along the way when i was open. Every shop does. Hopefully they can deal with whatever issues you had with them and move on. I hope it works out for you.
thanks Andy, I'll admit when I'm wrong and I am wrong now. My battle is not with Tarheel it's with an individual and I should not have pointed my anger to co. as a whole, for that I am sorry. Tarheel IMO has one of the best fabricators around, maybe we can squash our diff.:bounce2::bounce2::beer::smokin:

No problem Heath. Every shop has problems, just bug the shiznit out of Steve and I am sure he will find time at some point. I know how days fly by while you are taking care of everything that comes up and there are just never enough hours. If it is something I can help you with, just give me a ring.

Andy

:beer::beer:
Steve is a personal friend of mine.Nash is an idiot!!!! Paul.If i go to TH4WD to buy something i dont need they tell me.I go to buy something i do need ,I buy it.:beer:

I'm sorry if I pissed anyone off in this thread, it got out hand on my part in bad taste. wooden nickel: DON'T TYPE WHILE MAD
Here i am!

Back