"Take 92" - YJ Linked with Nines

well got the filler tube in place.. the middle clamp is just to see if the crease will come out or not

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_5949.jpg

outside
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_5950.jpg

inside the fender well
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_5951.jpg

That might be too shallow of an angle. That fuel hose will fold up pretty easy as youve noticed.

That might be too shallow of an angle. That fuel hose will fold up pretty easy as youve noticed.

ya I will mess with it and get it to work some how.. may need an aluminum sleeve on outside and clamp to keep it round and not let the hose fold up

well I am happy to say I got in some shop time today..

I ordered some parts last week from Barnes4wd and I got them all smoothed and painted today.. so soon I will have rear bumper on and new rock sliders.. ( pics to come later )

I also bent up some tub and made my shock tower brace and got that in.. so once the rest of my PSC stuff shows up I will get that on ASAP and after that it is all down hill :)

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_6110.jpg

yes I will need to spin air intake over the engine..
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_6111.jpg

Just wanted to send a big thank you to Randal, Doug, Craig And John for the help today

@Black Bear , @livetorun , @Scibetta , @

We got rock rails on, rear bumper on, Transfer case shifter mount made. Shock tower support tabs made and tacked on. New power steering pump installed. Reservoir pump bracket made and reservoir mounted. All hydro lines made and on except the line to cooler And brace that goes from shock tower to tower cut and painted ready to go on.
Next is to finish the Welding and paint everything fill fluids the. Start making driveshafts.
Making progress

new pump
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_6126.jpg

orbital
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_6127.jpg

Reservoir
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_6128.jpg

orbital mount ( ned to fix brake lines)
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_6129.jpg

rock rail
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_6131.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_6133.jpg

rear bumper
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_6132.jpg

Last edited:
well no pics to post.. but this weekend thanks to randal and doug we got the front axle complete and locking hubs installed..also got steering cooler installed. just have to make one hose and then I can start filling system with fluid.

also got transfer case shifters connected and working..but we also found the front 300 output shaft leaks so I have ordered a new seal.

getting closer

just to keep people happy with pics :)

here is rear breather installed

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_6193.jpg

I also finished the power steering line install and I started bleeding the steering system, so much I made a mess of fluid on the floor.. oops

sent rear driveshaft off to get extended and balanced..and order front driveshaft parts so i can start making my two piece..

I just need to stay busy on this to hopefully make my 1st weekend in Oct ride

Well axles are filled with fluid and both breathers are in.
Dana 300 seal replaced and filled the 300 with fluid.
Tighten all bolts on rear of jeep.
Finished the gas tank filler neck.

Few small things on front then just driveshafts and muffler.

oh and I now know what gear fluid taste like.. lets just say it was not good and no it did not taste like chicken :)

well I have been trying to get this done so I can make it to my clubs fall wheeling/camping trip which is in two weeks.

- I finally got all the correct bolts for control arms, shocks, etc and they are all in and tightened down.
- front fenders are back on
- tires are on with all lugs nuts finally
- installed air cleaner
- got my rear drive shaft back ( I learned to make sure you measure twice.. I told the driver shaft place exactly 1 inch to long.. so I had to cut it up and shorten it.. I bet it is not balanced anymore )
- added rear frame brace for limit strap ( rear has way to much droop for the shaft )
- welded in exhaust cat, which will be enough for this trip

and I am happy to say I moved the jeep 3 feet forward and backwards and then I learned my brakes SUCK.. so I am gonna replace the master with dodge 1 tom to see if that helps

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_6210.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_6211.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_6212.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_6216.jpg

Well been busy trying to get this damn thing done

ordered a two piece bearing kit from wide open and make the first driveshaft, not the prettiest but it is straight and works great

took and old shaft I had and cut it down. I also sent the yoke to east coast gear supply and they machined it down to fit inside a 2" tube.. fit perfect
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_6233.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_6234.jpg

here is shaft all welded up
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_6235.jpg

had to press out bearing so I could weld the bracket on and then press it all back together.
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_6236.jpg

here is shaft installed
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_6238.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_6239.jpg

after that I installed the moto bilt skid plate so it is ready to rock
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_6241.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_6242.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_6244.jpg

Poke a pin hole in top off that thing, they will blow out axle seals.

Looking good. Looks like the yoke worked out.

with out your help with these driveshafts parts I would be up a creek

thanks

well good news is I found the issue.. it was the rear passenger caliper.. the calipers came with the rear axle and what I found was the previous owner drilled and tapped the bleeder screw.. so i am pretty sure it was not holding pressure.

replaced caliper and we now have brakes..

so great day when you finally get to drive it around the block
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_6248.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_6249.jpg

and when the shop is finally empty even better
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_6250.jpg

Well now I waiting on some parts for this weekends first trail ride.. so I figured why not wire up some stuff.. so I started wiring up the ARB compressor and also the 50" light bar I had.

here is light bar mounted
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_6257.jpg

and what a pissser.. it has some lights that dont work :(
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_6260.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_6261.jpg

well good news is I started jeep to get full 12 volt power and all the lights work now.. thanks to Dan @motobilt for the heads up

trying to get a few last minute things done before this weekend..

I took an old rusty CJ tailgate, cut the rust off the bottom and welded up a new bottom and back bracing and put it on YJ tonight.. I am happy with it
and yes it opens and has a cable to keep it flat when open to make lunch sandwiches for the kids

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_6269.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_6270.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_wrangler_img_6271.jpg

Are you going to be down with cnc at Uwharrie this weekend? Hope to see this thing!

Yes. We are staying at group camp.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412420749.492901.jpg

Nice I have a set of wheels for a guy in your group I believe.

One guy mentioned meeting someone for something. So good possibility.

Back