Super duty 60

Noel

What would you pay for a cleaned sd60 vs a stock one? Guess if you haven’t cleaned one up you’re irrelevant lol 😂. Got a buddy that’s willing to clean them up for some extra cash just trying to see what the average person would allocate for such a service.

What would you pay for a cleaned sd60 vs a stock one? Guess if you haven’t cleaned one up you’re irrelevant lol 😂. Got a buddy that’s willing to clean them up for some extra cash just trying to see what the average person would allocate for such a service.
I’m also not relevant but I’m a cheap ass (and hard headed) so my mindset would be, more than likely you’ll run into me type peoples who say “why pay more when I can do it myself”….. and an hour into ass pain cuss myself for being such a stoopid coont for a couple hundred bucks….

YMMV

I’m also not relevant but I’m a cheap ass (and hard headed) so my mindset would be, more than likely you’ll run into me type peoples who say “why pay more when I can do it myself”….. and an hour into ass pain cuss myself for being such a stoopid coont for a couple hundred bucks….

YMMV
That’s me! I’ve never cleaned one myself haha 😂 have let someone do it for a decent price

$300-400 depending on consumables and how clean you plan to get it. Figure a torch/plasma, some cutoff wheels, flap discs, sawzall blades and about +/-6hrs to get it done to the point its clean and ready for a truss and brackets to go on.

$300-400 depending on consumables and how clean you plan to get it. Figure a torch/plasma, some cutoff wheels, flap discs, sawzall blades and about +/-6hrs to get it done to the point its clean and ready for a truss and brackets to go on.
That’s pretty close to what I was thinking. Plus the more you do the better you are to a point

I did it once and it sucked. I did it laying on a trailer and used a torch, grinder, and sawzaw.
The process definitely sucked. If I had to do it again I’d use a portaband, plasma cutter and grinder.
I’d feel good about paying 300 for someone to do a good trim job on one.

Last edited:
I did it once and it sucked. I did it laying on a trailer and used a torch, grinder, and sawzaw.
The process definitely sucked. If I had to do it again I’d use a portaband, plasma cutter and grinder.
I’d would feel good about paying 300 for someone to do a good trim job on one.
aligning with the same thoughts. Also being noted most of the folks here are probably diy people vs the facepage thing of people

after cleaning mine with torch and cutoff wheels in about 3 hours. That pricing is close

Never done one, but I have read and heard the horror stories. I'm probably in the $300-$400 camp. If that is what the cheap DIY's on here are willing to pay, then the FB wheelers would probably pay $500-$600.

Geeze.....I need to look at this as a service? Air arc gouging moves metal well. And my plasma.....well it does plasma things.

I just left everything on mine...since I needed it anyway. That seems wayyyyy easier than all this work yall are doing!

I'd have definitely paid someone to wire wheel the caked up dirt off of one so I could paint it though.

Given what I see axles of FB selling for, Id bet he could sell cleaned SD60s for $800-1000. Which should land him in the 300+ range for this time to clean them.
That could be the real kicker. If he hits up the JY's or whatever and has axles sitting in his garage/shop ready to be picked up that have ALL the crap removed ready for trusses and link brackets, then it would be worth even more to me.

I'm not in the market to buy an axle. Just giving my opinion on if I was.

That could be the real kicker. If he hits up the JY's or whatever and has axles sitting in his garage/shop ready to be picked up that have ALL the crap removed ready for trusses and link brackets, then it would be worth even more to me.

I'm not in the market to buy an axle. Just giving my opinion on if I was.
That’s the plan. Already have a stock of them. Biggest issue is I need to get on Fb to really market them

Geeze.....I need to look at this as a service? Air arc gouging moves metal well. And my plasma.....well it does plasma things.
Yea, if I had an arc gouge still would take less than 45 minutes.

You could be sitting on a gold mine! :laughing:

IMG_1582.png

Back