Super 35 Kit or Ford 8.8

Aren't some car 9" rears the same? I thought the Lincoln Versailles had a 9" with discs and 5x4.5 bolt pattern. It was one I researched and dropped due to conversion annoyances (and calipers are expensive POS on those things).

-- Asking not telling...

J

Alot of those rearends get scarfed up by the stangers. I saw one a little over a year ago. I think the guy that had it might still visit the board. Can't remember his alias. One reason I never pursued it was the pinion was so low and I feared starving the pinion when I tilted it up.
Another option that hasn't been mentioned is the XJ 44.

pheery said:
woopty fucking dooo

then you pay what, 250 for that turd, put a 450 detroit in it. still have c-clips. and if you want this disks to work correctly in an older application, yj/cherokee you need a new master cylinder. still sucks. nice reply, but lets get some info in this thread that isnt common knowledge...

Then pay 75 bucks for it put in a 100 dollar spool and you have disk brakes if you got from 95 or later explorer. The 8.8 is not the cure all swap. That much I admit but is not as shitty as the dana 35. Plenty of guys love their 8.8 axles.

To each his own but I know plenty of guys who love their 8.8 rear ends. Me I am opting for a 9" I think when I do my swap.

then you pay what, 250 for that turd, put a 450 detroit in it. still have c-clips. and if you want this disks to work correctly in an older application, yj/cherokee you need a new master cylinder.

you can say that all you want. go tell him to swap in 60's again. did you read where he just wanted to run 35s at the most? 60s, while strong are just a little overkill for 35s. plz. an 8.8 is a huge upgrade over the dana 35, and there is no argument there. if you get a later model explorer you get discs. that is tech, you didn't mention it so i thought i'd tell people who didn't know that. if you have to get a new master, that's not that big of a deal. this was between the 8.8 and the super 35. the 8.8 wins. plain and simple

I have D44 front, disc, detroit, mosers and 9 inch rear, detroit, Currie 31 splines, tapered rollers for sale. Early bronco width.

Shannon

Just a note there are a couple companies that make a 35spline upgrade for the ford 8.8 if you ever wanted to go to larger tires without changing axles again.

ok I have a ques. I dont know much about jeeps so be nice :D Can he use a 81 toyota rear end???, if so I have one, and that would be the cheapest way to go, but if I am crazy then just say "crazy" lets not get in to a big debate about it ;)

81 Toy rear end will be ~5" narrow.

Back