Suggestion

NCJeepin

Have members supply the best pic of their rig in action, then place them in rotation at the main NC4x4 page.. You could use a banner randomizer to do it... Seems kinda neat if you ask me! :driver:

:popcorn:

I have a suggestion..
go to: www.godaddy.com.. buy a domain name..
IE: www.ncjeepin.com
then when checking out add web hosting for about $15 a month(maybe lesss)

and make your own website and all the pics you want.

I mean, i think this would be a cool idea as well, but would constitute work for the people who volunteer to keep the site going. I also know saf-t-scissors has said before that if we sent him a picture he would try to get it up there at the top of the page. Which reminds me that i need a decent pic of my rig, id like to send him one and maybe see it up there one day. We all need our daily dose of comanches.

Yeah, but his way we'd get more and different rigs. I like the suggestion :)

Nah, we only get as many new and different rigs as there are people sending me photos. I've got about 4 new banners ready to go, but I'm waiting on enough to replace the full set. I think there are currently 9 different images in the rotation.

The OP, as it's currently worded, isn't anything that we don't already do. We've got pics of rigs in action, and they're randomized. If your suggestion is that more people should send in photos so that we can have different rigs to look at... well, then that's a different issue entirely.

:beer:

If your suggestion is that more people should send in photos so that we can have different rigs to look at... well, then that's a different issue entirely.:beer:

That is the issue that needs promoting then! I know that at one point you had asked for pics, didn't know you were still taking them. Only problem I see is it would be nice if there were more than 9 in the rotation. Not sure how it's done and could be too much work for someone I guess, if they had to actually work another job, unlike me :)

Bruiser, thanks for clearing it up, i just simply considered you a total dick, glad i was mistaken, joke taken now...

This was just an idea guys, something i thought would allow more member interaction, not that a forum really needs more interaction but just thoughts bouncing in my head

In all honestly I would like to see the pics of people that actually participate here on nc4x4.
I would not like to see newbs in the rotation.. but folks that are here and contribute to the site..

shhhhh I am still a Dick :)

I'm bringing this back from the dead...

I laugh at bruiser's remark now because it motovated me to actually start my own site.

a little over year later, we are approaching 600 members, I've met a ton of people in my area that i didn't know where around, and friends that i'm sure i'll have for the rest of my life, and I wanted to give thanks where its due.

That being said, i still visit NC4x4 many times a day, and typically learn something from it every day and wouldn't have discovered the need for my site without it, it will always be a valueable resource to me.

So thanks Ken... I appreciate it :)

Yeah, you're coming along nicely. I've peeked over a couple of times, and saw how you guys handled some of the same issues we've tackled over the years.

J

When dealing with the public, its a never ending battle... We just try to do our best to not let it get out of hand

Back