Stuck in the surf

Nissan11

I saw this on a fishing forum and thought I would share...

I wonder whats on the other end of the tow strap?

Attachments

• 261212_10150214517118198_194729383197_7180251_6762429_n.jpg
    261212_10150214517118198_194729383197_7180251_6762429_n.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 1,239
Seriously??? That guy thought pulling a 5th wheel out on the beach was a good idea...

Seriously??? That guy thought pulling a 5th wheel out on the beach was a good idea...

I would almost bet this took place shortly after the phrase "Hey ya'll, watch ish $#!+" and a healthy dose of "Bud Light"

I wonder where this was taken....90% sure not on the east coast, I don't know of any beaches around here where campers or ATVs are allowed (looks like a toy hauler). Looks more like it would be on the west coast, say Pismo or something where the sand is MUCH harder packed than the soft silty crap here, the reason why 2wds do so good over there and everyone pulls campers/trailers out onto the beach. Obviously retarded though to park below, or even close too for that matter, the tide line.

I can't imagine the suction on the bottom of that camper though, I would almost let the tide come in and float it out :lol:

He probably didn't know any better and parked a good distance from the water line. Then to his surprise tide came in and took over before he could move. Maybe he was out on ATVs and found this when he god back.

He probably didn't know any better and parked a good distance from the water line. Then to his surprise tide came in and took over before he could move. Maybe he was out on ATVs and found this when he god back.
It's pretty easy to see where the tide has been though. And clearly the tide had already washed in past the truck and since receded, (note the smooth wet hardpack left behind from the tide receding with a few fresh tire tracks), so I think you are right on the assumption he was out on an ATV or something and returned to his truck sinking in the wet sand.

I wonder where this was taken....90% sure not on the east coast, I don't know of any beaches around here where campers or ATVs are allowed (looks like a toy hauler).

I was told this was in Oregon, NC.... but I bet that guy hanging his head wasn't from here! Haha it takes 1 of the smartest 1s to do somthing this stupid!!!

I was told this was in Oregon, NC.... but I bet that guy hanging his head wasn't from here! Haha it takes 1 of the smartest 1s to do somthing this stupid!!!
Oregon Inlet you mean? AFAIK you can't pull a camper/trailer onto the sand there either.

Lets say he couldn't get the truck or the trailer out.

1) Would insurance cover it?
2) You can't leave it there forever, so how would you get it out eventually?
3) If a total loss, how much do you think he would be out (truck value and trailer value)?

Oregon you can do just about anything if you can make it. We've had a 2wd station wagon out there before :D

but, the idiot deserves it for being stupid and pulling that trailer on the beach regardless

Hey Nissan11 you gonna fish this weekend? My brother and I are headed to Fort Fisher Saturday for a day trip. I'm gonna yak out some shark rigs too.

No i was going to hit ft fisher and Kurr but had to change plans last minutes. I don't think I will be able to get another chance to go until mid august. I am entering the surf fishing challenge in Oct as well, are you fishing it?

No i was going to hit ft fisher and Kurr but had to change plans last minutes. I don't think I will be able to get another chance to go until mid august. I am entering the surf fishing challenge in Oct as well, are you fishing it?

I haven't seen any info on it. I might. We went yesterday and small sharks and small blues were all we caught. I put out a 2lb mullet for the bigger sharks and the little guys left it a skeleton in no time.

Back