Straight axle swap HARDBODY

wreckhooker9771

I'm new to the nc4x4 world and new to the 4x4 world as well ive been a couple times with buddies and gotta get my own rig. i currently own a 92 nissan hardbody that's stock as a rock. i seen a previous thread on here or priate4x4 that was talking about the hardbody sas swap. i purchased a 78' dana hp44 out of a f100.i have seen the front spring hanger kit online but im not sure what the next step is as far as spring selection and if i dont know what springs to buy i dont know what perches to by etc. im doing this on a bugget and would like to take it a little at a time to get me rolling in the woods and then maybe step my game up and do 4 link etc. please give all the help you can. i greatly appricate it.

Attachments

• 20140622_192726.jpg
    20140622_192726.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 1,875
Well, you will have to either get all the parts to do a radius arm setup or get another axle. If it is really from a 78 then it will have cast wedges on the housing and you will be stuck using a Ford style radius arm setup. It can work well but will not be nearly as easy as a leaf spring setup.

Guy in greenwood sc has a sas hardbody on 47"+ tires and I think 20's. I can't imagine how his daily commute is. It definitely stands out.

You can also check out Pirate in the nissan section, NOAS4x4club.com, roninwheelers.com, all for great tech on where to go next for that swap.

Back