Source for GPW parts?

CasterTroy

Faster'N You
For future (not right now) I'd like to find the front clip (hood, grille, fenders, up to dash/winshield) of a GPW or willys for a dedicated off-road rig

The idea would be....find a wrangler for a donor, and cut JUST behind the dash and trash the front clip. Put a GWP clip on and graft the two together. Full size axles, 350, 36-38's lifted as LITTLE as possible meaning low COG

But I HATE the idea of trashing a pefectly restorable GPW

Any ideas on where to get the pieces I'd need for this OTHER than taking a saws-all to a decent GPW?

Contact either Kyle or Mike @ the crawlshop.com

They had an OEM GPW getting restored for show and replaced all the sheetmetal with repo from an outfit in GA... was authenic done to some funky Ford script & "marks" in a few places. AFAIK, they kept the tub, fenders, & hood....

The place in Georgia is probably Turner's. That is where I bought the replacment floor panels for my 50 3A. They were good quality parts. I believe that the panels were made by Omix - Ada. Turners website was www.thejeep.com. I bought the fenders and and other parts from Krage's near Memphis, Tn. They also have a good selection of parts, www.jeepdoc.com. They were also Omix-Ada. I bought almost every piece of mine at Krage's and had they had great service everytime.

hobie said:
Why GPW, and not MB (or early CJ).

Can't explain

Kinda like why I'm facinated with breasticals.....I mean don't get me wrong, I love a great ass, but something about boobies twists me all up in a bind :D

thecj3man said:
The place in Georgia is probably Turner's. That is where I bought the replacment floor panels for my 50 3A. They were good quality parts. I believe that the panels were made by Omix - Ada. Turners website was www.thejeep.com. I bought the fenders and and other parts from Krage's near Memphis, Tn. They also have a good selection of parts, www.jeepdoc.com. They were also Omix-Ada. I bought almost every piece of mine at Krage's and had they had great service everytime.

I don't think so... since I asked about these vendors. They said it was shop that only did "genuine" Ford panels/etc. for show quality resto's. They basically fabbed ALL the sheetmetal items...basically the entire tub & body parts (complete with machine gun mounting holes & special Ford script...not like Ford "mark" any I'd ever seen).

I'll see if I can ring them for a confirmation on who it was...

Back