Somehow, he just doesn't look like Homer Simpson, (or Grandpa)

Not nearly as funny when they improv, is it? I've heard that The Simpsons has a crew of around 100 writers! I guess you need that many to keep it fresh after 15 years!

I thought it was pretty funny... And fwiw, there are currently 18 writers--though over the years I'm sure there have been 100 or more (including conan)-- and the simpsons will be in it's 20th season this year. Pretty impressive I think. Between animators, writers, and voice actors...I'm sure the staff is huge.

I thought it was pretty funny... And fwiw, there are currently 18 writers--though over the years I'm sure there have been 100 or more (including conan)-- and the simpsons will be in it's 20th season this year. Pretty impressive I think. Between animators, writers, and voice actors...I'm sure the staff is huge.
Hooray for Google! :p Notice I prefaced my statement with "I heard". It was a piece I had taken from a news program years ago. As far as the years in production, let's split the difference and call it 17. I was referring to the TV series, I don't count the Ullman shorts. I remember them, and they were funny, but it wasn't the same cartoon. A lot changed when they branched out on their own.

Google my ass. Wikipedia and being a big simpsons fan. :flipoff2: I've got respect for them having done the same job for so long and still usually having a funny show.

Back