So I think I’m getting a 1960 Fairlane 500

It’s not my dream car but it’s kinda falling in my lap. I’m trading some boom sticks that I forgot I had and don’t need. My real passion is for a 70 c10 but the truck isn’t in my face and affordable.

As odd as it looks, it’s growing on me. The fact that it’s a one year body sucks but also draws me to it like a moth to a flame.

Hoping to bring her home in the next week or two.

I dig it. I hate it wasn't there yesterday....

Nice old cars. I bought a 1926 ford model t pickup a few weeks ago and bought a 1930 ford model a today and i have go get it they are projects or to trade on i have around 20 plus old cars and trucks.
I'd rally like to come look around when I'm in Harlan some day. I love looking through fields of old cars.

Depending on money, if I were wanting to get it more to my liking, I'd change the cam to something with a little lope to it. Dress it up under the hood, and add zero chrome anything, just clean and paint. A nice set of mufflers and exhaust pipes, from manifolds out. Nice set of wide white wall tires. Add some bags, and keep the springs, at least one or two of them, and some good shocks. Make it sound good and ride good. I'd rock it all day!

I got a 1969 Fairlane. I like it. It's on ride tech air ride. Nothing fancy just a good cruiser. Stock 302.
IMG_20230606_190848645_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230606_190830114.jpg
IMG_20230606_190859547.jpg
IMG_20230606_191238540.jpg

That's what I really was looking for. Is a 63-64 Lincoln Continental four-door. I ran a cross this and fell in love with the body lines.

It looks like a Cobra Jet Torino to me. Damn nice car!
That is what I was thinking but when I sent the picture to my gear head son he asked if it was a Cougar and it got me wondering. I love the 68/69 Cougars.

Cobra Jet Fairlane on the title. Original 428 car, but not original motor. It rides smoother than anything in my driveway. It floats down the road like all those big old cars did. My brother just put some cut outs on it. We need to wire them up. Can’t wait to hear that 428 open
He takes that thing to any shows around here please let me know. Love to see it.

Awesome man road trips just add memories to the build. I drove almost 22 hours for my 2010 Cadillac CTSV

Now this needs to be moved to the build thread .
I’m going to leave it on the trailer and bring it from where it’s at now to my driveway on weekends until I’ve got it running well enough to drop it off for tires.

Might start a thread this weekend to document my anguish.

Back