Smoked Pork

RobMcBee

Slow n easy when you're not gettin greasy....
Yesterday I smoked a pork loin and have about a pound leftover, besides the usual shred and make sammiches, what's something y'all would do?

Throw it in the soup pot. We keep a tupperware container in the freezer...about a gallon or so. Leftovers, if not enough for a full meal, go in the bucket. Winter, thaw it out for soup. Usually doesn't need anything added. Always good.

Throw it in the soup pot. We keep a tupperware container in the freezer...about a gallon or so. Leftovers, if not enough for a full meal, go in the bucket. Winter, thaw it out for soup. Usually doesn't need anything added. Always good.
That's not a bad idea.... Nothing like some summer food in the winter.

I try to shred it up and do tacos/burritos... Always delicious and super easy...

We did a cheese dip with it once though and it was very very good.

I had one of those fancy smancy artisan wood fired shredded bbq chicken pizzas last week and thought.......pulled pork!!

That's not a bad idea.... Nothing like some summer food in the winter.

Pork is year round my yard. Just drive east if you get hungry.

It takes so much time and energy to smoke a good piece of meat, I usually cook twice as much. Thaw leftovers and heat... None of the work and all of the tastey.

Either family sized zip lock meals or...

I'll leave stuff wrapped in foil to cool. Then wrap in a trash bag. BAMN!!! Deep freeze and see ya!!!

Thaw it out and take it wheeling. I've got a small case iron hibachi grill. Load up some sauce and heat. Bag of buns and done. Not bad on the side of the trail!

Last edited:

It takes so much time and energy to smoke a good piece of meat, I usually cook twice as much. Thaw leftovers and heat... None of the work and all of the tastey.

I'll leave stuff wrapped in foil to cool. Then wrap in a trash bag. BAMN!!! Deep freeze and see ya!!!

Thaw it out and take it wheeling. I've got a small case iron hibachi grill. Load up some sauce and heat. Bag of buns and done. Not bad on the side of the trail!

I e always done smaller portions because it's usually just the 3 of us, next time I fire up the smoker I'm gong to do a larger amount and freeze it.

Vacuum pack into a couple dinner sized packets is the way to go. I dont fire the smoker up as much as i used to but when i do i try to fill the freezer.

For wheeling trips, i would just grab a bag or two from the freezer. Reheat at dinner add sides and a great meal with very little work. Boiling in the bag worked the best. till the one time the bag failed.. no one said the it was dry!

I just put my leftover pork BBQ on cheese fries instead of chili. :D

Mmmmm

Need to make up a "southern" chili cheese fries....sweet potato fries, pimento cheese, pork bbq....

agree with the taco idea except make bacon shells.
yum.jpg

I like to take left over pulled pork and make BBQ egg rolls just make some regular cold slaw mix in pulled pork roll it up in an egg roll wrap and deep fry and you can dip them in BBQ sauce of your choice

Dammit man, I really need to go wheeling wif you!! That beats the brains outta my sardines and spam singles!!

Back