Sleeper / Camper update....

some progress...
small blocks glued up top to hold the eve piece.
Camper bolted to the trailer.
Deck done, probable modifiy it down the road but it looks decent and will work for now..
Inside still a mess but at least ill be dry :)

DSCF0069.JPG

DSCF0071.JPG

Nice job Yag... You should find a little toy BBQ grill and glue it to that deck.. :D

Perfecto

Need a matching cooler for ... should I say ...

"The Yagermeister"

:beer: :beer:

Ya think I got a guy lined up to paint it to match the back, thats been the rush to get the front done so I can transport it plus give them some time to do the work..

The front is not silicone/sealed yet, ill do that after paint.

Maybe make a small deck section that folds down/up, with some adjustable feet.. just thinking of all the various camp sites and terrain, be nice to have some room to step out the door, but this will get me rolling.. plan to make a chain box under the wood also.. have a few board flip up for access..

Update and some more progress on camper and trailer.
I welded on 2 short 5k wobble jacks on the rear sides of the trailer, so I don't lift the ass of the truck up when loading/unloading..

I loaded the jeep on the trailer for the first time. I needed to do some tongue weight measurements so I could determine where to park. I decided to buy a sureline tongue weight scale and man that thing makes life so easy... A few adjustments and I had my TW set where I wanted it.

It looks good sitting behind the camper. I welded on the front d-rings where I wanted them, and made a small rail to stop the jeep from hitting the camper. The rail can be adjusted and removed.
I had picked up 2 bed top tool boxes a while back and had wanted to put them on the trailer under the jeep. I knew the tires would clear but wasn't sure about opening them.. To my surprise they actually fit good and I can even open the lids all the way while under the jeep..
With the rear jacks I was even able to unload the jeep without being hooked up to the truck..

A few pics...

DSCF0003.JPG

DSCF0011.JPG

DSCF0012.JPG

sweeet... quick question.. so the idea is to drive over those toolboxes all the time?

sweeet... quick question.. so the idea is to drive over those toolboxes all the time?

At least till a lid gets left open..........:lol:

ya basically, until I rip a lid off :)
I figure ill put in spare jeep parts, camping crap etc..
They rest on the 2x3 stringers so Ill pop a few holes to bolt them down, easy enough to remove if i need to haul something else..

here this pic shows it a little better...

DSCF0007.JPG

Wow, that has turned out pretty sweet. Nice use of space under the Jeep with the toolboxes.

Just wondering how you will tie the Jeep down in front. The bar that high looks like it might be a pita to work around with straps.

Just wondering how you will tie the Jeep down in front. The bar that high looks like it might be a pita to work around with straps.

Mike is skinny, he'll squeeze between the jeep and the camper to attach the straps from the axle to the trailer.. and if he can't, I know Val can.. :lol:

The toolboxes are a good use of space... when I asked originally, it looked like you'd have to drive over them with the tires, but now I see that they're inboard..

If you torque that front end down good with straps, those leafs/hangers going to hit your bar? I know my rig dropped several inches when it was cinched down good, especially if I used the winch/then back it off a bit so winch brake wasn't "holding" it?

Looks VERY sharp setup..top of the camper should throw the airstream up/over the windshield of the Jeep too.

I strap/chain to the axles. not the frame.. Its got leafs, not like it flexes a whole lot :flipoff2:

Oh no it's the
"how to attach your rig to a trailer"
strap just the axles and let the suspension move or cinch that sucka down bumper to bumper.

btw Mike think you will be done by Sept?
(know what I mean nudge nudge wink wink)

Back