Since the board shutdown...

Tacoma747

Well, it isn't finished yet, but it is almost done. I still have to add a couple more bars in, and some inner fenders and a floor in the front. Since the pics were taken I have put in a lockright in the rear. I need to do some work on the rear suspension, find some softer springs or something because it doesn't flex all that great, although once more weight is added it should help. It took a saturday afternoon to pull the flatbed off and get the new frame welded on with the help of two friends, suprisingly enough I had to make one final trim on the new frame to get the angle right, tacked it on, then measured everything, and it all came within an 1/8" of what it needed to be, pretty close IMO!

I can't decide between aluminum fenders or steel, probably whichever I find for cheap...

Wolfpack OffRoad said:
Ah, so you did go with foam padding, you shoulda went with bright red, though.

Yea that metal is harder than my head! :) I was thinking of going with black, but figured I would get something brighter, and blue is my favorite color. Dang crap is $1 a foot, shoulda used swimming noodles :)

Roll bar padding is always $1 a foot.

Puma297 said:
why'd u get rid of the flatbed? and how are you gonna add more weight to the rear?

Got rid of the flatbed to lose some weight, I wanted to most the tire rearward and lower is some, wanted to re-do my shock mounts to mount them closer to vertical, and wanted to run the stock bedsides dovetailed just because it looks alot better. Plus, with getting rid of the flatbed, I could add more triangulation, and weld it all to the frame instead of being bolted on.

As for adding weight, I will be putting in a couple more tubes here and there, and since the fenders/floor will probably be 14 gauge steel, that should add weight, plus once I get fenders in, I still have to mount the hi-lift, and am sure I will have a space for more tools/spare parts.

Oh man i DID see you on 52 the other day. I thought is was someone else cuz last time i saw you there were no rear fenders. Looks awsome man.

Back