Should I run from any of these? Tow rig choice:

This. My 03 LB7 Duramax with a PPE programmer on level 5 averages 18mpg as a daily driver, and my route is 50% country, 50% city, and 50% interstate. Yes, I know that's 150%, but considering that it is rarely below 3/4 throttle when accelerating, and running 80-85mph on the interstate, I think thats a reasonable estimate.

I run PPE Hot +2 ET on my duramax also. Best programmer out of the box. Go for the duramax. You wont regret it.

Just the facts in my post on this topic.
'08 Dmax, 1st year of the LMM. Bone stock.
CC/DRW and 4wd.
Owned it 5 and a half years and it has never been to Chevy for ANY repairs.
Not bad eh?
All maintenance by the owner.
And i pull @ 25k everywhere i go because my wife is a lardass!
Gotta love a big gal.

Have you given thought to a Ujoint Offroad 4x4 diesel van conversion? They tow great with a diesel, room in the back for whatever you may want to carry, they are cool (most importantly) and can be 100% custom. I'll ensure the axles have a little extra love too. :D
ujor.JPG

Last edited:
Jody.... I can't fit those in a parking deck!

Signed the papers today on a Tundra. Parts rolling in to get it up to mall crawler status....

20" XD wheels, 34" tires, and Fox coilovers are en route :). Hopefully they will be big and heavy enough to completely crush my already 12mpg :D.

alh6.googleusercontent.com__ZB0wuOWZlvA_Uc3JRBTYYnI_AAAAAAAADiA_aScpsHDrHIA_s799_Tundra_25201.jpg

Have you given thought to a Ujoint Offroad 4x4 diesel van conversion? They tow great with a diesel, room in the back for whatever you may want to carry, they are cool (most importantly) and can be 100% custom. I'll ensure the axles have a little extra love too. :D
View attachment 70738

Nice Looki'n rig but wouldn't handle a gooseneck hitch well..........just say'in

I went with a 20' bumper pull trailer, hoping to fit a UTV and the TJ. Total weight will be around 7500lbs including the trailer. I also picked up a 15k tag...

Good looking truck

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Thanks!

Brandon at Rides has been the man to go to for truck upgrades. He literally had parts ordered and ready for shipping while we were on the phone. Huge thumbs up!!!

20 minutes to The Farm
70 minutes to URE
90 minutes to The Flats
340 minutes to Harlan
2,250 minutes to King of the Hammers

:D

I like the truck!

I'm probably alone in my thinking but I bought an 06 Dodge Mega cab DRW with the 5.9 and I LOVE the truck but if I were shopping again I wouldn't buy a diesel again. It's been rock solid reliable but it's expensive and I don't tow enough to justify another one. Since it's long paid for, I'll drive the wheels off with a smile but I'd probably do a Tundra like yours if I had to do over again.

I went from towing with a 5 cylinder H3 on 35"s to a V8 H3 on 35"s to this, granted the new tires are probably not the smartest "tow vehicle" investment, but it wouldn't be Mall Rated any other way.

I had a few items installed last week, then took the truck down to Myrtle Beach for a long 4th of July weekend. I really couldn't be happier- it drove great, not a huge pain to park, and tons more room than the Hummer.

alh3.googleusercontent.com__LdAm0LFzn5A_UdshZj6pmWI_AAAAAAAADj3410aa4aa98d173ff268c657e5a20e84.jpg

Sweet man... Did that one come with the 4.10's?

Looks even better now. Is that lifted any or just new wheels and tires?

Sweet man... Did that one come with the 4.10's?

Hmmm... Not sure on gears, it has the tow package though.

Looks even better now. Is that lifted any or just new wheels and tires?

2" lift up front, stock height in the rear. I bought true 34" tires and they actually measure nearly an inch taller than my wife's 35"s. I picked up the 20' trailer yesterday and drove it home from Rock Hill. It's amazing to see how well it tracks vs. my old 16'er.

What is the two rating on a Tundra? I'll probably be looking to replace my Ram in a few years (maybe less). I don't tow very often, very far, or much weight.

What is the two rating on a Tundra? I'll probably be looking to replace my Ram in a few years (maybe less). I don't tow very often, very far, or much weight.

It's rated at 10,400lbs towing. I pull a 4200lb jeep on top of a 2000lb trailer, so it's plenty strong enough. I'm looking to add a 1000lb UTV at some point, which should still keep me well under what the truck can do. I paid between $3.05 and $3.12 per gallon of gas this weekend, so that's a huge plus for this vehicle.

Well darn, I was hoping you'd get the 6.0.

the 6.0 is damn good. I have this F350 6.0..... Eh, you all know the story already... :lol:

^bahahahah

what's the fuel consumption with the tundra - empty & towing?

It's rated at 13/17, but I am seeing an average of 12.5 to 13 with the new bigger tires. I've been towing my boat (6,500lbs), but only short distances, so no real hard data there. I'm hearing anywhere from 5mpg to 9mpg towing though.

Back