Shock Suggestions

Rob

Administrator
Administrator
I'm needing new shocks on my 2005 F350 DRW. I've been waiting on Bilstein to come out with some, but after calling them up yesterday, they don't have any idea when that will happen. I really don't want to use the same POS ranchos that the truck came with. Any suggestions?

I'm needing new shocks on my 2005 F350 DRW. I've been waiting on Bilstein to come out with some, but after calling them up yesterday, they don't have any idea when that will happen. I really don't want to use the same POS ranchos that the truck came with. Any suggestions?

Rob Try the RS 9000 9 way shocks I'm sure the shocks you have are the RS5000 at best and the 9000 is 10 times better, been running them on all my stuff for years. From what I here the Rancho that are factory are a cheeper type of the 5000 that are dealer only on new truck. I found some takeoffs at Just tires some time back so called rancho and all he would and could say was to get the 5000 or 9000 you will like them better....
Jon

Edelbrock IAS shocks have been getting great writeups..

The new (anything from this year for sure, I think '05 as well) monotube ones..

I have to wonder, how'd you wear the shocks out so fast, or are you just not happy with them?

53,000 miles.

From what I'm reading on diesel stop, 50k is about average for the factory ranchos. I had cupping on my front tires, caused by the shocks from what I read.

Back