SHENANIGANS

BigSouth

Doesn't play well with others!
Sooo... took a hard left from my plans to build The Hornet into a hill killing V8 on tons and bought myself a tube chassis. Just couldn’t wrap my head around what all was gonna have to be cut and trimmed off the S10 to make it all happen. This thing popped up on Pirate and I couldn’t stop drooling.

652C5A3E-BFB5-42B0-869A-202CAB1931E9.png

Couple year old Wide Open Design Revolution chassis. Currently sitting in California, but headed east pretty soon... I hope. Should get a lot of goodies with the chassis, but I’m not gonna count my chickens before they hatch.

Now about that name. I use the word “Shenanigans“ a lot around my kids. It drives them insane and I thought what better way to burn that word into their tiny little brains then to name the buggy that word they despise.

I’ll be using the same dream team to bring it all together. @Jody Treadway will have his hands on both my axles over the next few months. CUCV set decked out with Blue Torch Fab bling.

5412432A-6C3D-41CA-BAB2-F86A1C999673.jpeg

There is an LS in the works. Details will follow down the road.

@mcutler will be the mastermind to bring it all together. I’m penciled in around 2020 so that gives me a year or so to buy up good parts. Let the hoarding begin.

Oh and...

E9E2BEDD-9E92-4B72-8E73-2CC04F52BEFD.png

Sometimes its best to start over, looks like an awesome base to build from. Congrats.

In the end, I think the buggy will have more of the things I want and fewer complications. I’m sacrificing my cozy cab, but gaining some capabilities. If that makes sense.

Looks like it is going to be a bunch of fun to build.
Motor?

Got an LS in the works. I’ll share details down the road once it hits my shop floor.

In the end, I think the buggy will have more of the things I want and fewer complications. I’m sacrificing my cozy cab, but gaining some capabilities. If that makes sense.
Makes complete sense to me which is why i'm in a buggy and not a cab truck crawler rig. Be sure to make plenty of places to store stuff and carry a cooler. Go ahead and put a universal heater in also, that way when you ride in the winter at least you can have some hot air blowing around near you.

Makes complete sense to me which is why i'm in a buggy and not a cab truck crawler rig. Be sure to make plenty of places to store stuff and carry a cooler. Go ahead and put a universal heater in also, that way when you ride in the winter at least you can have some hot air blowing around near you.

All solid advice. The chassis originally had a huge fuel cell for dessert running. I’m thinking about running one probably half that size offset to the passenger side. That should afford me that cooler mount and a small tool box. Heater will be required if I want my wife to ride with me.

First part to get some love is the 14 bolt. Tore it down and cleaned off all the scale / rust to get down to shiny clean metal. Heavy coat of Gibbs oil to keep it that way. Both hubs spun freely so I’m gonna roll the dice and only change out the seal. Bearings seem fine for an offroad only rig. I ended up with some Artec add on trusses to beef up the axle tubes. They were being discontinued and super cheap. They’ll go in the cabinet to be added later. Loaded it and a bunch of purple boxes up in the truck to be delivered to @Jody Treadway tomorrow.

2AC11ED5-92EA-4F14-A7F2-D178485AEA89.jpeg

Yukon spool, 5.13 thick cut gears, and master install kit. I’m also changing out the yoke to the ubolt style 1350.

3DC18AE1-A690-41DC-ACA9-2D417498644C.jpeg

I know @Jody Treadway posted this elsewhere on the forum, but I figured I'd add it here so I can keep up with it. He says "Shits perfect"

14 Bolt Gear Setup.jpg

Let's try to get this thread up to date. Finally broke down and hauled to California and back to get my chassis hauled home. Here's some better pictures of it from multiple angles. The orange definitely has to go! I'll also be making some changes to the skins. I believe what's there is functional, but doesn't necessarily look the way I want them to.
WOD Chassis 5.jpg

WOD Chassis 6.jpg

WOD Chassis 1.jpg

WOD Chassis 4.jpg

WOD Chassis 2.jpg

Included in the price of the chassis was a set of Beard Super T1 suspension seats. No cuts, tears, or busted stitches. They're in great condition and only need a little cleaning.
Beard Super T1 Seats.jpg

Also included is a complete set of Auto Meter C2 gauges, Painless Wiring switch panel, and the fuse blocks. I'm currently debating on whether I want to buy the Lowrance setup from the original owner to fill that giant hole in the dash. He's offered it to me pretty dang cheap, but I'm conflicted on whether I'll actually use it or not. Not seen in the picture is the steering shaft that was included also.
WOD Chassis 3.jpg

Back