Shake diagnostic

Easy to check buddy.
Engine off, have someone wiggle the steering wheel back and forth rapidly from 10-2. Observe the trackbar for ANY movement. When I say ANY, I mean ANY movement.
The bushings are a known issue on JKs as are the mounts on the frame and axle side. They can wear over time and the holes are larger than the bolt diameter.
Conveniently also the best way to install a track bar! I bolt one end up and set it down on the ground to bolt the other end up.

Soft brake line lining is collapsing. JK's are famous for it. Eventually it opens up enough to release the rotor and it won't always do it.

Had the same thing on my 30 year old motor home. It didn't do it all the time which made it hard to troubleshoot.
Well this seems to have been the issue. But wasn’t soft rubber but severe corrosion. I ordered brake lines off your recommendation, thank goodness. When tightening down the caliper bolt I hit the tubing and broke the brake line, with little pressure. The other side broke almost as easy.

It appears the brake line was not allowing flow back from the caliper causing it to stick and build up heat. See pictures but I think the brake pad was breaking down.
The Factory lines have probably been replaced by longer stainless braded lines, whenever the 4" lift was added. Might still be worth checking.
Nope factory lines with a bracket to drop the lines.

Edit. I’ll have to add the picture of the pads to see what the consensus is.

Attachments

• IMG_3275.jpeg
    IMG_3275.jpeg
    132.7 KB · Views: 21
Well this seems to have been the issue. But wasn’t soft rubber but severe corrosion. I ordered brake lines off your recommendation, thank goodness. When tightening down the caliper bolt I hit the tubing and broke the brake line, with little pressure. The other side broke almost as easy.

It appears the brake line was not allowing flow back from the caliper causing it to stick and build up heat. See pictures but I think the brake pad was breaking down.

Nope factory lines with a bracket to drop the lines.

Edit. I’ll have to add the picture of the pads to see what the consensus is.
1710262631925.png

All of the stupid safety recalls I see, yet brake lines failing on a 10-15 year old vehicle is ok? What in the Barack Obama's America is that?!?!

Back