[Sep 27, 2012] 2012 SE OVERLAND RALLY AND WORKSHOP (Murphy, NC)

NC_IslandRunner

Team Fugawi
Copied from ExPO, Hope we get a crowd this year!​
2012 Southeastern Regional Overland Rally and Workshop

When: September 27th – 30th 2012
Where: Crawford’s Camp just outside Murphy, NC

Murphy, North Carolina, is an old town with its origin dating back to 1839 and is located in the heart of the Appalachian Mountains in the Southwest corner, where North Carolina boarders with Georgia and Tennessee. www.crawfordsattellico.com/ (Their website is currently experiencing problems, hope they have it back up running soon)

The information will be uploaded shortly to the official rally site
http://www.overlandrally.com/Overland_Rallies_and_Workshops/Southeast.html

Preliminary Schedule:
Please check regularly for up-dates as the schedule should become more and more exciting:

Thursday, September 27th:
3:00 PM Doors open
7:00 PM Meet & Greet at Camp Fire

Friday, September 28th:
Breakfast
9:00 am – 11:00 am Classes
11:00 am – 1:00 pm Classes
2:00 pm – 5:00 pm Leisure / Vendor / Exploring / Communicating / Socializing / Trail Riding Time
6:00 pm – who knows when Pot-look Dinner

Saturday, September 29th:
Breakfast
9:00 am – 11:00 am Classes
11:00 am – 1:00 pm Classes
2:00 pm – 5:00 pm Leisure / Vendor / Exploring / Communicating / Socializing / Trail Riding Time
6:00 pm – who knows when Dinner provided by the Overland Rally

Sunday, September 30th::
Breakfast
9:00 am – 11:00 am Annual Rally Challenge
11:00 am – 12:00 pm Rally classification
12:00 pm start leaving camp

Classes & Discussions:
So far, I’m in the process of lining up the following classes. PLEASE, let me know what classes you are interested in. I am thankful to any suggestions and ideas:
  • Basic 4WD
  • Advanced 4WD
  • Spotting
  • Synthetic winch line repair
  • Photography
  • Round table international traveling, border crossing
  • Round table traveling with kids
  • List to be continued

Vendors:
I currently have no information regarding our national vendors. Of our local good guys, the following vendors already expressed their firm intention to attend the Rally:
  • Southeast Overland LLC
  • Ujoint Off Road expressed interest
  • List will constantly be updated

If you have any questions or suggestions, don't hesitate to PM me, or send me an e-mail to southeasternoverlandrally@gmail.com.

Thanks for posting... will have to check the calendar. A weekend at Crawford's would bring back lots of memories!

Will definitely be trying to make this one! :)

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

It's being organized by Michael(The Swiss on ExPo) this year, He was the instructor for the basic 4x4 driving class last year and is a really cool guy.

Last year was awesome and I owe it to NC4X4 for turning me on to it. Hope this year is even better!

Anyone driving up from the triangle area want to hook up on a convoy?

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

I was planning on heading out Thursday earlyish. I want to go scope out the area and maybe help out if they need it. I'm still new to NC and would like to get to know it better.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

Hopefully so!

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

I am from Georgia and now live in forest city nc. I have wheeled with Michael , hilldweller, and stumpy. All a great group of guys. I will be going and loopedr1 you can caravan with me....

I'm heading out Thursday morning from the Raleigh/Durham area. I will be following 40 pretty much the whole way. If anyone wants to meet up anywhere along the way just let me know.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y109_CanaryLupo_Recon_20H3_20Projec3ac195fd1391b65bf163a77f23d847b3.jpg

ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y109_CanaryLupo_Recon_20H3_20Projec28a5105c06e97a74705e41ae5dad8bb1.jpg

All packed and ready to roll. See you guys there!!!! :D

Back