Sad to see it go...

farmboy

Well, Patricks post over in General really got me thinking about the competativeness of the sport and how silly the whole thing really is. I have decided to give up wheeling, part out the rid, and go into competative horseback riding.
ai138.photobucket.com_albums_q266_74_Chevota_052307_18341.jpg

ai138.photobucket.com_albums_q266_74_Chevota_052307_18571.jpg

(ok......maybe i am lieing and just decided to build something else...:flipoff2: )

Summer is coming, and you go and tear your rig down. You better get comfortable in that cherokee, so you don't forget how to drive.

im doing the same thing. i put my 79 back on stock suspension , wheels,tires, and 1/2 ton axles. im building a new smaller rig .

what are you going to do with the cruiser, i love the look of that thing....

I am either going to sell the chassis or build it again... I was thinking mild wheeler with yota axles and a 4.3 eventualy. But i cant even begin to think about that until the buggy is built and paid for.

Summer is coming, and you go and tear your rig down. You better get comfortable in that cherokee, so you don't forget how to drive.

The cherokee will be getting plenty of seat time soon. I might actualy have to show some driving skill with 39.5's and the small 44 and 60. :shaking:

Dude.. this is the crap you do in the off-season! :(

The problem is...i will be at school this fall and the nice 30x30 shop with all the tools and welder and plasma cutter will be down here while i am at App state. Wheeling doesnt have an offseason anyway :lol:

cant belive your tearing it down...........was stunned first time i saw that rig and was one of my fav's.................now go build a better one:)

tell us how you really fell man, don't hold back, just kidding Punkskalar :fuck-you: , and woodkrawler...your kidding right:confused: ...sorry i had to say it...don't hurt me(haha)

Finally, somebody agrees with me.

Now, hurry up.

Eeeeh, you know what I mean... You'll miss less events and typical wheeling trips with friends if you build over the winter, than building over the summer.

Eeeeh, you know what I mean... You'll miss less events and typical wheeling trips with friends if you build over the winter, than building over the summer.
or he could do like yourself...build, ride twice, build again, ride a few times...build again..and we'll see...:flipoff2:

Waaaaaht? Thats awesome dude, but can I have the wrench head? Guess what I am comming back in July for a week. The 15th- the 22nd I would love to come down and see yall and help out wherever needed, sewer line, rig, cattle castrating? Im Down for whatever! What are yours and Mac's email address'? Peace bro!

or he could do like yourself...build, ride twice, build again, ride a few times...build again..and we'll see...:flipoff2:

Seems like that IS what he's doing. He just rode a few more times than I did last year.

Or he could do like you.. turn over a pile of blank, signed checks to Jim, wait a few months, then ride.. :flipoff2:

That's it, I'm throwing in the towel. I can't take the competition anymore :lol:

Thanks Jim for posting those up. Now i got more to day dream about during the last week of school :lol: .

Glad you guys liked the old cruiser, or in Hugh's case hated it :)flipoff2:). And honestly the reason for the change was i wanted to link the front and by the time i did all the work to link it up i would still have a body that got hung on everything and i wouldnt be happy until i built a buggy. As far as Jim helping out with the project, he has been nothing but great to work with. I would recomend him to anyone wanting a chassis or anything tubing related done.

One side of me wants to build it fast and get out on the trail but the other wants to take my time and do it right.

Rockmafia, you turn those things out fast. Or at least the rate you post new buggies at seems like it. I think its awesome man.

Damn b4 we know it everyone's gonna have sold out and gone to buggies :flipoff2:

w/e I'm kinda in the same boat of not wheeling during the summer much if any, but thats more due to an extreme lack of funds at the moment that are tight enough to have me worrying about being able to pay for gas. Doin the whole "blitz the Z71 jeep into wheeling condition regardless of cost" this winter probably wasn't the best idea :shaking:

but hey I beasted some dumb little rock krawling club's attempt at a competition with it so . . . . . :driver: . . . . . . . at least thats what I keep telling myself (helps justify the cost) . . . . :lol:

Back