runaway blazer = messed up navigator

bladelazerblazer

Joined the Band
Banned
i know i am gonna catch crap about how much of a noob a$$ i am but tonight i left my blazer on 44's and a custom steel bumper with a stinger in my brothers apartment complex parking lot... didnt block of any of the wheels and i dont have a parking brake at this time... needless to say i was on a very very small decline and after sitting for 5 hours fine, it rolled into the back of a navigator and pushed it about 5 feet.... messed up the nav. pretty bad.... people where really nice and not mad at all but sometimes i need to just slow down and make sure i pay attention to my surroundings... best part is one of the cops there said, "atleast you know your bumper works"

Damn that sucks...

At least the navigator got introduced to a real sUv...

I assume this is a straight drive right? Or did the pawl break...

Damn, that sucks...

Are you looking for some kind of tech, or just sharing your misery?

That came out looking wrong.. Just a question, really.

at least you now know to get that park brake working

sorry about the mishap

anyone know what this would be?

after going to get my truck this morning i messed around with parking it and seeing if it would move... sometimes two of us couldnt budge it... other times when putting it in park it would start rolling right away but if i moved it away from park and back sometimes it would stay other times it rolls... anyone know what might cause this?

Sounds to me like a loose linkage? My bros bronco is the same way... but my mishap was with a tree... the tree won

:nopics:
I'm with ChrisM

sorry to hear about that. mine did the same thing at tellico on trail 5 august 05, but like futbal there was a tree at the bottom, not a navigator.

Duane

I think there is a spring that keeps the parking paw ingauged on a gm trans. It could be broken or weak. I have seen the paw get worn down to.

When I first read this I thought, "Oh man. What doofus. He let his rig roll down a hill and smash somebody's nice SUV."

Then I remembered it was just a few months ago while working on my taco that I let it roll down a hill. I spotted it rolling, ran after it down the driveway, jumped through the driver's window and while my legs were still hanging out I pulled the e-brake.

Now my thought is, "Welcome to the doofus club. We're accepting more members daily." :)

I like the cops comment about the bumper. I got a buddy who was working on his in the drive way and it rolled across the streat and hit the highway patrolman cop car. the cop came over and asked if he knew whos vehicle it was and my buddy did one of those oh crap that is mine. The cop was actually cool about it and said not to worry about the scuff on the bumper. That cop is interesting cause last week he gave another cop a another buddy a ticket that lives in the same house as the one in the story. Hope the repair doesn't effect your insurance too much.

..sorta similar and topical (ice stuff coming thru right now)

My buddy was out, at work, the freezing rain started, etc, everything was covered. We came home, parked, went inside. A few minute later someone came and knocked on the door...his Blazer was in the street blocking the road.

In his case, nothing let go, just slick driveway that was really steep! (This was Oklahoma City, the roads are literally the "drainage" system for rain storms so the driveways can be really short/steep!)

oh yeah, pics are needed dude, preferably with a stinger shaped dent in the other car!

Sam

Sorta similiar here too!

I parked my 02 siverado in my driveway in Michigan (slight incline) on some icy, snowy stuff. Well it rained that night and when I woke up in the morning my truck was not there. I walked outside and there it sat half in the road and half in the yard across the street. It slide about 50 ft. Thankfully I lived on a dead end street!!

Well, consider this my application to the rollaway-doofus 4x4 club...
If you've ever been to Martinsville speedway, you know the road off 220 and the steep hill to the left. I parked my CJ up top pointed downhill. After the race, my CJ was gone, it had rolled 20ft downhill and was hung up on a telephone pole guy wire. If that wire wasnt there, it would've got gained some serious momentum before taking out numerous vehicles, and possibly a herd of people! Boy was I lucky :huggy:

And incident #2, was a low speed deal at URE. I was on a trail ride you park more than ride :shaking:. I got out and was walking towards the back when I realized my junk was rolling away towards Don Custer's CJ5. I hopped in and engaged the p-brake, peeling a nice chunk of leg flesh on the soft door latch as I jumped in.

Back