RQ's '68 Jeepster

R Q

This will be totally out of order in regards to the real timeline. I've had this particular Jeepster since 1989. I originally restored it and then started making it more trailworthy bit by bit. This pic was taken after paint and assembly right around '99 or 2000. It didnt even have brakes in this pic, notice the landscape tie behind it.
1676753202430.png

I wish I would have not sold the last two I had.:dumbass: Looking good!

While were Jeepstersing, lol, who has noticed the 2 Jeepsters, & other 4 wh dr things, at a house / business, on Hwy 273, Belmont, NC? It's in the South Point section, between SP High School, & the Allen Steam Station. Guy May be a member here. I've never stopped; kind of hard in a dump truck. Stuff's been there for years.

I second this. Can we get more info about this?
I can't tell you much more than I already have. I found out about it from a friend and went by and had some mixedup for me. It works great. I showed the can up a few replies. Ask me any specific questions and I"ll try to help.

Do you just take a paint code and ask them to make it? Do they do it on the spot? Asking because P.O. had my Jeep custom painted but I have the full paint code make up. Trying to figure out touch up and if I order armor how to
Color match it.

This store has a scanner. You take a sample and they match it up and make it while you wait. It takes about 20 minutes. $20 a can.

Advance Auto Parts #3855 Matthews​

1445 Stallings Rd
Matthews, NC 28104
(704) 234-2857

It's been a while, but pretty sure only some Advance have a paint dept. Same goes for Napa. Most of the paint stores (PPG, etc) can mix and put in a spray can too.

Jumping backwards to creating and building the new rear interior panels after stretching and linking.
1693740651868.jpeg

1693740676906.jpeg

Chris @MarsFab had to help me with these two bends
1693740746987.jpeg

Then I had to make an old school press jig for the proper bend lol
1693740818253.jpeg

Last edited:
Back