Roof coating ideas

skyhighZJ

Thanks for your taxes
The situation: I have an old machine shed/garage (built long before we moved there) that has a dirt floor that I have built my chicken coop and run in / around. The existing roof is old style corrugated steel. Apparently the steel was reused and has some miscellaneous nail holes here and there. I'm looking to roll on xxxxx coating to seal it up and keep the rain off my chickens heads and generally keep the interior in better shape. What have you used before as a roll on sealant that will hold up to the sun. Oh, down here in Louisiana my supply options are pretty much Lowes and Home Depot or the mom and pop downtown hardware.

White liquid EPDM in a 5 gallon pail...?

Flex Seal. Sorry that's what I meant earlier.
It comes both in a thick liquid to paint on or a wide tape.

Roofing tar with fiber 8s what you need aluliseal will work alsi but you will have to do the hole roof with the tar you just spot treat its what most farmers use

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I wound up getting a gallon pail of epdm patch material (think thick semi dried out paint) used that on the seems and small pin holes. Let that dry then went over it with a 5 gal pail of epdm roll on. Seems to be holding out but need this damn rain to stop so I can put on the second coat as per the directions. Harvey is fucking us up down here with all this rain.... the fishing is gonna be in the shitter.

I just did a guys barn with 1940s metal roof and used tar in caulk gun to fill holes then rolled on the epdm ended up using about 8 Gallon on a 20x20 roof so far no leaks 9 months later!! I used thick nap roller and heavy coats when it was hot out to help dry faster! Shit I hope y'all send some water "up" the new river so we can get into the musky and striper here soon we're at a all time low in my stretch

I just did a guys barn with 1940s metal roof and used tar in caulk gun to fill holes then rolled on the epdm ended up using about 8 Gallon on a 20x20 roof so far no leaks 9 months later!! I used thick nap roller and heavy coats when it was hot out to help dry faster! Shit I hope y'all send some water "up" the new river so we can get into the musky and striper here soon we're at a all time low in my stretch

You can have as much as you want we got 26 inches of rain over the last 4 days. Not as bad as Houston but still sucks bad.

Seems we're getting some tom! Told guys at work to being their swimmys bc they gettin wet! Lol

I just put 10'x10' of new metal on my shop roof because there was some clear corrugated BS on there that leaked like a sieve. I had to use steel corrugated rather than aluminum which is on the rest of the shop so I wanted to cover it quickly while its fresh and used Henry Elastomeric from Home Depot. I used 1 gallon and need a little more. Shop is over 1500 sq ft roof surface and I am not going to cover the whole thing. That stuff is a PITA to work with. I'm just going to recheck all screws and put dabs of sealer on each. MY shop roof needed some love and it got about all it's going to get for now.

I just put 10'x10' of new metal on my shop roof because there was some clear corrugated BS on there that leaked like a sieve. I had to use steel corrugated rather than aluminum which is on the rest of the shop so I wanted to cover it quickly while its fresh and used Henry Elastomeric from Home Depot. I used 1 gallon and need a little more. Shop is over 1500 sq ft roof surface and I am not going to cover the whole thing. That stuff is a PITA to work with. I'm just going to recheck all screws and put dabs of sealer on each. MY shop roof needed some love and it got about all it's going to get for now.
Didn't mean to come out of the blue with this but was searching for roof coatings' because I remember it being here somewhere and I just replied without any more content. lol

Back