Rock to 8 lug adapter?

well i think itd be alotta force on those bolts... cuz it looks that the adapter is bolted on using the hub bolts... deff be the weak link on the axle
plus since it bolts to the flange botls, it wouldnt matter whether the hubs were in or out, itd still be the same width, like 80" WMS or so

also you might find that being that wide may give you alotta hassle on trails, and while turning

True it will be realkly wide and probably harder to turn, buuuut i just cant afford a set of rockwell rims right now and the more people I talk to the worse the whole "weld in you own centers" thing sounds, and once again $60 a set . . . .

I mean eventually I'm gonna up my tire size and when i do that I will probably go to rockwell rims since I'll need at least 20's anyway.

But thats a good ways down the road.

dude, it's simple. buy some stock deuce rims (i have some i'll let go cheap) cut the centers out, weld them into your current wheels.

i hope you don't plan on going on any trails if you get those adapters, because you'll be all off in the trees everywhere.

dude, it's simple. buy some stock deuce rims (i have some i'll let go cheap) cut the centers out, weld them into your current wheels.
i hope you don't plan on going on any trails if you get those adapters, because you'll be all off in the trees everywhere.

I've already got a set of the stock deuce rims/tires. Reason I'm not wanting to do the swap the centers over thing is one, couple people have told me it sucks to do, and two the main reason is I don't think I will be able to get the centers welded in very true and I don't want anything else to be addin to the death wobble when I'm goin down the road :shaking:

I mean as far as the trails I'll probably have to do extra 3 point turns but w/e that still justifys paying only $60 a set and all the work of the center swap to me.

I've already got a set of the stock deuce rims/tires. Reason I'm not wanting to do the swap the centers over thing is one, couple people have told me it sucks to do, and two the main reason is I don't think I will be able to get the centers welded in very true and I don't want anything else to be addin to the death wobble when I'm goin down the road :shaking:
I mean as far as the trails I'll probably have to do extra 3 point turns but w/e that still justifys paying only $60 a set and all the work of the center swap to me.

let's just say you've got 15x12's with 4" BS. you'll require a wide load permit just to trailer it there... really, you'll be 98" wide just to the outside of the rim..

If you actually drove it, death wobble would be the least of your worries.

Hey, at least he could say that his track width is more than his wheelbase... :flipoff2: As much trading and swapping as you do, I can't see why you're going to try to go the 8 lug route...

cause nobody wants to trade rockwell rims there too expensive, unless someone does then feel free to trade them to me :driver:

For trailering it I think im just gonna get ahold of some stock steelie dually rims flipped in to help fit it on w/e trailer i use cause I'm pretty sure my trailer will not be wide enough :shaking:

I mean I will drive it on the road eventually, i was already drvin it around on those one tons, she insured/taged has brake lights, running/head lights, and mirrors so its enough to get by.

yeah but with the pinion brakes, and full hydro steering, along with being wider then the lane on the road, i dunno if youll really wanna drive it on the road....

plus youll be too wide for trails... i know that fullsize rigs have a hard enough time at tellico as it is...

IMO if you dont really have a reason to get rid of the tons, then I say run them til you do... I mena for the first time in a long time, youve gotta running complete rig... you should keep it that way

yeah but with the pinion brakes, and full hydro steering, along with being wider then the lane on the road, i dunno if youll really wanna drive it on the road....
plus youll be too wide for trails... i know that fullsize rigs have a hard enough time at tellico as it is...
IMO if you dont really have a reason to get rid of the tons, then I say run them til you do... I mena for the first time in a long time, youve gotta running complete rig... you should keep it that way

Gonna be doin hydro assist for now, and when I say drive it on the road i mean like puttin around town just to show off :driver: , def not gettin on the freeway or anything like that :shaking:

idk about the trail thing, i mean like i said b4 worse case senario down the road I would get larger tires and have to get the rockdub pattern 20"+ rims anyway and then I can be not as wide. But for now I just wouldnt be able to afford new rims.

But for now I just wouldnt be able to afford new rims.

So then leave it as-is.. Why do you need to run rockwells? You haven't broken the 60.

So then leave it as-is.. Why do you need to run rockwells? You haven't broken the 60.

X1million..... I dont see a reason for disabling a perfectly good runnin rig if you dont have any reason to.... I mean if you had a blown up axle, maybe i could see it...

and I know uve talked of puttin the 500 in it, but if you get everything ready that can be swapped out in a weekend... and your rig not be down for months to yrs, like it would be if u swapped to rocks

Wait are you seriously asking me why I need to run bigger axles??? :lol:

Come on man, you know me, if its not ginormous beyond anything reasonable then I aint done yet :driver:

idk thou, we'll see, main concern of mine was once i got that caddy 500 in I don't think the one tons will be able to hold up to the 44's and all the torque, plus I'd like to go to a much larger tire at some point and I can't really do that with one tons.

Wait are you seriously asking me why I need to run bigger axles??? :lol:

Come on man, you know me, if its not ginormous beyond anything reasonable then I aint done yet :driver:

idk thou, we'll see, main concern of mine was once i got that caddy 500 in I don't think the one tons will be able to hold up to the 44's and all the torque, plus I'd like to go to a much larger tire at some point and I can't really do that with one tons.

Yeah thats what I was figurin too... but the tons will be able to hold up, if u drive like you have some sense.... There are plenty of Ford and Chevy guys runnin big blocks in their fullsize rigs that hold up to that kinda abuse...

like i say run it and have fun while you can, then when it breaks decide to either upgrade one way or another

What size bolts hold the drive flange on, and what is the bolt circle diameter? Forgetting the strength question, I would think a stock H1 rim and those adapters would give a reasonable track width and scrub radius. Otherwise like Rich said, you are going to probably be around 104" wide outside of tires.

even with stock h1's, it'll be WIDE. what's the stock (hubs out) wms-wms on a rock, 79" iirc? that thing looks like it puts you at least another 2" per side.

hell, you aren't even legal for the road wider than 102" overall. much less fitting on any trails.

the drive flanges are 1/2" bolts i think. not a clue on the circle.

Back