RLF Shop Thread

@Chris_Keziah what paint did you use for the axle?
20220904_122420.jpg

I like that and the "universal" that comes in the can with the trigger on it. Painted my axle and front frame area with it back when I did the solid axle. It still looks awesome and it's been on there since 2017.

B&w Gooseneck install on a 21 F-350, crazy it didn't come with a factory hitch. 7 pin bed harness will be here tomorrow because if you put something in a cart it's not automatically ordered šŸ¤¦šŸ¼
20220906_204512.jpg

Did a header and fuel pump on a TJ this morning. Customer stated it had a slight exhaust leak and had a long start condition. Fuel pressure was 10psi while cranking and normal-ish after it finally started. Seen a few TJ pump start to bypass internally and cause the same issue.
20220906_093523.jpg

20220906_110643.jpg

"Exhaust leak" culprit, you can see where someone attempted a repair.
20220906_093811.jpg

20220906_093804.jpg

20220906_093757.jpg

20220906_093806.jpg

B&w Gooseneck install on a 21 F-350, crazy it didn't come with a factory hitch. 7 pin bed harness will be here tomorrow because if you put something in a cart it's not automatically ordered šŸ¤¦šŸ¼
View attachment 380342

Did a header and fuel pump on a TJ this morning. Customer stated it had a slight exhaust leak and had a long start condition. Fuel pressure was 10psi while cranking and normal-ish after it finally started. Seen a few TJ pump start to bypass internally and cause the same issue.
View attachment 380348
View attachment 380347
View attachment 380346
View attachment 380344
View attachment 380343
View attachment 380345
That hitch came out very nice

I kinda like the B&W over a factory Ford or Dodge hitch, if I'm being honest. Not sure how the factory Ford hitch balls engage, but the Dodge one is asinine and begging to get stuck in the hitch.

Haven't seen a GM one to be able to comment on them.

I kinda like the B&W over a factory Ford or Dodge hitch, if I'm being honest. Not sure how the factory Ford hitch balls engage, but the Dodge one is asinine and begging to get stuck in the hitch.

I really like my B&W in my Super Duty. I felt the same as you about the OEM GN stuff.

I really like my B&W in my Super Duty. I felt the same as you about the OEM GN stuff.
Funny this came up, @Chris_Keziah & I were talking about this today at the shop. The puck style hasn't given me problems, but I probably prefer the slide pin style of the aftermarket hitches vs the flip lever on top of the ball in my OEM setup. What we were scratching our heads the most was how a 1-ton dually didn't come with the hitch (or 7-pin in the bed) from the fac-tree on the Lariat trim šŸ¤”

But I guess for exactly what yall said, it can be ordered without... just thought it was strange

Last edited:

It sure is beefy! Very well built

Funny this came up, @Chris_Keziah & I were talking about this today at the shop. The puck style hasn't given me problems, but I probably prefer the slide pin style of the aftermarket hitches vs the flip lever on top of the ball in my OEM setup. What we were scratch our heads the most was how a 1-ton dually didn't come with the hitch (or 7-pin in the bed) from the fac-tree on the Lariat trim šŸ¤”
Hey you take what you can getā€¦

Iā€™ve only seen one factory ford setup and didnā€™t like or trust it. Short of needing this done in a hurry, I prefer that we had to add one.

Looks great @Chris_Keziah

Hey you take what you can getā€¦

Iā€™ve only seen one factory ford setup and didnā€™t like or trust it. Short of needing this done in a hurry, I prefer that we had to add one.

Looks great @Chris_Keziah

Itā€™s a very nice truck! It was strange working on something so clean underneath lol.

View attachment 380342

View attachment 380348
View attachment 380347
View attachment 380346
View attachment 380344
View attachment 380343
View attachment 380345
I need a price on that install because I dont have the balls to drill holes in my new truck bead....

That shit happens unfortunately. Hand get caught on something and then jump, the cord get caught, a sneeze, that shit happens. I used to have this and a drill as a dedicated tungsten grinder.

1 in. x 30 in. Belt Sander

Dip the tungsten and have to get up and sharpen it. One of the best things I did was get one of these;

Amazon product ASIN B08F9YBCL2
And one of these;

Amazon product ASIN B004WBFERM
Now I don't have to get up from the welding table to sharpen and I'm much more likely to sharpen more often.

That shit happens unfortunately. Hand get caught on something and then jump, the cord get caught, a sneeze, that shit happens. I used to have this and a drill as a dedicated tungsten grinder.

1 in. x 30 in. Belt Sander

Dip the tungsten and have to get up and sharpen it. One of the best things I did was get one of these;

Amazon product ASIN B08F9YBCL2
And one of these;

Amazon product ASIN B004WBFERM
Now I don't have to get up from the welding table to sharpen and I'm much more likely to sharpen more often.
I pulled a card out of Cutler's play book and I sharpen 10-15 at a time. Been just using the drill and a rock on the grinder.

I'll give that sharpener a try, be nice to have something dedicated to it.

Just gotta keep the 2 little balls greased.

What length ram was used? Is the travel limited?

Killer work by the way. I like seeing the picture dump updates
It's an 8" limited down to ~6.5" crazy thing is the brake calipers are why you can't use any more. They end up getting into the inner c and push the piston back in.

Back