Riding Mower with a twist

I am happy to say this one is finished. Tried it out today at sucking pecan tassels from the driveway. Considering all the rain we had and how the tassels were packed into the rock the thing did a half decent job. When fall comes I have no doubt that if I can get to the leaves before they get soaked they will pick up well. This has been an interesting project. Many thanks to all who contributed, and commented! :beer::beer::beer:

Big_Dog-21.jpg Big_Dog-22.jpg Big_Dog-23.jpg Big_Dog-24.jpg

I little update on this old gal... since May 2020 (last couple posts) the deck & collector has been sitting. Recently I finally got a chance to try it out. I had to do a lot of playing with the deck height adjustment to get it right, but it is now picking up the Pecan leaves for me and saving me hours of raking and leaf blowing. The area between the house, garage and carport is like a box and I can't simply grind them up with the zero-turn so for the past few years the rake and leaf blower has been the go-to. Thankfully those days are now over. I did have to make a modification to the exhaust system. It was pointed straight down. I doubt I need explain what that does to leaves. It is now pointed up and out the side and no longer blow the leaves out from in front of the deck. In a nutshell... works like a charm! :)

Thought I should add... the local scrap yard is now in possession of the fancy hood. It was more trouble than it was worth. :poop:

leaf1.jpgleaf2.jpgleaf3.jpgleaf4.jpg

Last edited:
Those BX23s are handy little machines. Small enough to fit into all sorts of places.

Those BX23s are handy little machines. Small enough to fit into all sorts of places.
One of the main reasons for buying it... I only have 1.5 acres. A close friend has several tractors ranging from Ford 8N to big John Deere and heavy duty Ford Industrial. All except 8N have front loaders. I am welcome to use any one of them as needed, but they are simply too big for the areas where I need them most. Hopefully, this one will do the trick.

He has hooked and unhooked the trailer 3 times.
I'm happy to say I am not quite that bad off yet. Note that I did say "yet". :confused:

If your selling your truck, & I assume the trailer, you must not be taking it far from your yard. As folks find out you have it, you'll have the chance to get some light jobs, & earn a little cash back.

Back