Rhino Liner:(

Down&Dirty

Just to let you know. DON'T use the rhino lining place off of capital at the car wash. It has been over a month with two trips, both of which lasted 3 days, and now my liner is pealing off. It hasn't even been on there for 2 months. The first trip was 3 days to get it sprayed wrong. It was to thin and they also sprayed it on my back window and it is still there. The second trip was to repair the first screw up and in three days all they could do was prime it and tape it for more liner to be sprayed. I had to pick it up to tow the jeep to the trail. A week later it started to peel off in big sheets. Tomorrow I head back to setup the third trip to get them to remove the liner and start over.

Sucks

But the story COULD read:

• And they haven't done a damn thing to fix any of the issues.

Not to dampen the problem, but at least they're making efforts to correct what someone screwed up

You gatta give the guys a little credit for fixing their mistake. Its definatly a giant pain in the ass to have to make so many trips over though.

On a side note...

Did they change the formula or something recently or does the quality vary that much from different installers? My truck bed is Rhino lined and the stuff is tough as nails, nothing I can throw at it even scratches it. The Rhino on my rockers however (which is actually newer than that on the bed) is peeling off in big sheets just like yours. It looks different too, its a lot more shiny. I always thought that was kinda weird.

It's all in the prep, sanding, cleaning, masking, half ass any (or all) of these and you get crappy results.

Buddy of mine sprays Line-X, has actually peeled Rhino off a tail gate of a truck in one sheet due to poor prep. (uses it as a sales model)

if they are just spraying over what is already there in an attempt to repair the problem, they are not really fixing anything.

in reality the bed should be stripped in total (requiring a lot of work) and start over. Hopefully this is what they have done this time.

Kevin

Well, I am still trying to get it in there. Just got a new work truck today, and end'od the cj yesterday so I won't need my tow rig for a little while. They are being nice and trying to repair this. But it was definitly a very poor prep job. I work in a customer related field. Problems take priority over new business, however I am not being treated like that. I guess they think Rhino lining is something people only do once. I have two more rigs I was going to get done.

I dropped the truck off Monday at 8am for them to fix the problem. They still haven't called me to come pick it up. The manager won't return my calls, and it is Sat. This brings me to 12 days and counting to get a spray in bed liner.

I finally got it back. It looks like crap and there is overspray everywhere. I am going to see about contacting the owner to make things right. The manager just tried to throw a free carwash my way. Hmmm.... You had my ONLY vehicle for 14 days to spray in a bed liner. Yeah, a $15 car wash fixes all the reasons I am pissed. Not to mention that getting a truck sprayed comes with a free carwash according to the sign inside.

Hopefully, you had a good coat of wax on the rest of the truck, if this is the case, a wipe down with bug and tar remover may help get the overspray off.

You may end up going over each spec with a fingernail and a wipe cloth, the stuff will not stick to car wax well at all ( which might could be part of the reason for the original problem, and they have no clue how to properly prep)
The over spray should come off with a little elbow grease.

I would contact Rhino's home office. I have a friend up north who sprays Rhino, and he told me that they take their warranty pretty seriously.

Well my luck continues. I was going to just body clay the overspray off, but....

The rhino is starting to bubble up on the bottom of the bed. I didn't notice it when I picked it up, but when I started loading stuff in the bed it moved. I don't believe that they pulled all of the old liner off before respraying.

Call Rhino Corperate, pretty much all you can do now, throwing a fit at the installer has proved pointless

The squeeky wheel gets the grease.. call corporate or take it to a decent installer and let them fix it, its a rhino warranty so it should be able to be taken care of at any dealer

I'd call corperate...try to not be ass and raise hell. In my experince I have had much better with success with a positive attitude as opposed to a negative one.

Good luck

Back