Removing small trees

I may need to look into that. I still have about two acres to clear.
With the exception of the 18"+ trees, he cleared 3/4 acre in 6 hours. I've been on his waiting list since November. The excavator comes monday

The guy that cleared my land went through with his mulcher first and then came back a few months later with the excavators and bulldozer. It made it a lot easier to see what we were dealing with.

They're damn expensive though...he had a Cat 299D with the forestry package and a Fecon mulching head. It was about 140,000 bucks.

And we have a building.
20180730_201222.jpg

Next up, insulation and a couple shelving units. Hoping to find some on the cheap.

Kinda jealous...

Counting tree removal, grading and more tree removal, concrete, and the structure, I'm a little over $11k into this thing. I figure about another $2k for shelving, insulation, and electrical and it'll be in the books. Then I'll have more grading, drainage and landscaping, kitchen and bathroom floors, touch-up painting and shoe molding to install. It never ends...!

You have now completed the intro stage. It's just getting started, haha.

Whether this is the right or wrong way to insulate a metal building I don't know. But here's what I got done today.

20180806_190432.jpg
20180806_190451.jpg
20180806_190441.jpg

I may have missed it but is that a veratube building?

nevermind I can see now that it's not one of ours..carry on lol

If you need more, I think there are 2 sheets of that sitting behind my parents barn with no purpose in life.
I might need them too. I bought 40 sheets as a "close enough" guestimate. After today, I'm either right on the money or I'm a sheet or two short.

He meant VersaTube

CAD349A9-6856-4A7C-A033-714AE91FE7C8.jpeg Yes it’s a brand. I see the difference now. That building looks a lot like the one I see getting put up around here. I pulled some more small stumps with the jeep after work!

Whether this is the right or wrong way to insulate a metal building I don't know. But here's what I got done today.

Thinking about going that route (versatube vs red iron)... either will outlast me, but could save serious coin on the building (which will be gobbled by the grading I'll need in BFV)
So, what's your method?
Cutting them to fit with... razorblade? Circular saw?
Press fit betweengst the verticalsor are you using something between the panels and skin?
Planning the same for the roof?
Double layering (as I suggested in another thread) to get past R10?
What are you going to cover the foam with... OSB? Plywood?

Thinking about going that route (versatube vs red iron)... either will outlast me, but could save serious coin on the building (which will be gobbled by the grading I'll need in BFV)
So, what's your method?
Cutting them to fit with... razorblade? Circular saw?
Press fit betweengst the verticalsor are you using something between the panels and skin?
Planning the same for the roof?
Double layering (as I suggested in another thread) to get past R10?
What are you going to cover the foam with... OSB? Plywood?
I'm cutting them to fit with a fifty cent steak knife I bought at Walmart. Yes, I'm planning the same for the roof. There will be about a 1" air gap between the roof metal and insulation, and I'm going to put 2"x2" (1.5x1.5) furring strips between the insulation with plywood beneath. I'm still debating on putting a layer of 1" insulation between the furring strips, particularly on the ceiling.

Just got to fill in the insulation pieces and run the furring strips throughout. I went with joist hangers and 2x2s every 16" for furring. I figure that should be plenty of support to allow me to hang a lighter plywood.

20180812_195929.jpg
20180812_200013.jpg
20180812_195915.jpg

Back