RCV Toyota shafts lifetime warranty

DannyH

smokey burnouts
So I'm about to buy RCV shafts for my Toyota.. I run drive flanges, so do I need to buy their drive flanges also to complete the warranty or can I run my FJ 80 flanges and save a buck fifty and still have the lifetime warranty??

Also who is going to be my best dealer for them here in charlotte? I was considering ordering directly from RCV but figured I may be able to buy through a local business..
I don't mind a decent drive..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Oliver's in Winston-Salem if you're willing to come that far

I'll probably give them a call Monday just trying to get some info while everyone is closed..

Where did you read that you have to run their drive flanges? I'm curious because I have a set of RCV's on the way and didn't know there was any fine print to the warranty.

Where did you read that you have to run their drive flanges? I'm curious because I have a set of RCV's on the way and didn't know there was any fine print to the warranty.

I could've swore I read that somewhere but I need to look more into it because the "no questions ask warranty" makes me think I'm wrong about that..

They don't warranty shafts for wear and tear. If you run flanges and drive on street a lot you will eventually wear out the birfield joint. If it's an off road only rig then run flanges and I'm almost positive you can run 80 flanges but not sure. Personally I'd buy new ones over running 80 flanges. If you drive it on the street a lot then some Aisin hubs with chromo internals will be your best bet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I do know that the set I just ordered come with the chromo hub gears, but I'm probably gonna sell them because I run drive flanges.

They don't warranty shafts for wear and tear. If you run flanges and drive on street a lot you will eventually wear out the birfield joint. If it's an off road only rig then run flanges and I'm almost positive you can run 80 flanges but not sure. Personally I'd buy new ones over running 80 flanges. If you drive it on the street a lot then some Aisin hubs with chromo internals will be your best bet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

It's an off-road only rig I doubt it'll see the street again but I am leaning torward going with matching RCV flanges

So I'm about to buy RCV shafts for my Toyota.. I run drive flanges, so do I need to buy their drive flanges also to complete the warranty or can I run my FJ 80 flanges and save a buck fifty and still have the lifetime warranty??

Also who is going to be my best dealer for them here in charlotte? I was considering ordering directly from RCV but figured I may be able to buy through a local business..
I don't mind a decent drive..

Idk about the warranty but another vote for @Oliver's

I could've swore I read that somewhere but I need to look more into it because the "no questions ask warranty" makes me think I'm wrong about that..

It's an off-road only rig I doubt it'll see the street again but I am leaning torward going with matching RCV flanges

I am an rcv dealer, so in saying that you do not have to run their drive flanges. If you run what you have, your warranty will still be valid. Just don't buy second hand rcv's as the warranty is only good to the original purchaser. They are a great company and stand behind their product.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

On the note of rcv's, is the 300m upgrade worth the extra cost? At what point does it make the ring and pinion the weak link?
Depends on what you have.

They replace a broken shaft without an issue but if your toward the max axle of that axle I would. The difference of cutting a wheeling trip short or not. High hp or bigger tires I would consider it along with what is your driving style.

Depends on what you have.

They replace a broken shaft without an issue but if your toward the max axle of that axle I would. The difference of cutting a wheeling trip short or not. High hp or bigger tires I would consider it along with what is your driving style.

Once you go with RCVs the 8" gears can be the weak link. Driving with some sense and running factory 4.10 setups have proven to make them live.

They come with chromo inner hub gears. At least they did when I bought mine. I ran TG chromo outer hub gears with them as well

Back