Randys Ring and Pinion

jdubb

Dont' ever, ever, ever, ever order bearings or seals from Randys Ring and Pinion. Evidently they can't figure out what seal goes in a Waggy D44 front. This is the third time they have screwed up the seals or bearings for what I thought was very common parts. I had to eat $12 for the wrong seals. Just pay the extra $2 and get seals and bearings locally.

To be fair about it.
There are several different possible seals that might go in a Dana 44 front.
I think I stock about 4 or 5 different ones.

You almost have to have the BOM # or the number off the old seal to be sure. That's why most of the master install kits DON'T include the tube seals. I think Randy's R&P is about the only one doing that.

You are right. Spend the couple extra $$ and get them local. At least if the local AP store gets it wrong, you don't have to eat the shipping.

If you can't get the right ones locally, PM me and I will try to help.

wbcarver is right, especially if it's a waggy 44. The front seals in the axles never match up to what is printed in the books. I even went through the catalogs at one time to match them up and they're all wrong. The only real way to know is pull what you have and take it local.

Kevin

They screw up bearings too. They sent regular D35 bearing with a Super35 kit. At least know what you're selling. No excuse for it.

jdubb said:
They screw up bearings too. They sent regular D35 bearing with a Super35 kit. At least know what you're selling. No excuse for it.

Been there done that except it was 4 wheel parts in Charlotte. They eventually lost all my buisness over the Super 35 kit.

Jeepnmud74 said:
Been there done that except it was 4 wheel parts in Charlotte. They eventually lost all my buisness over the Super 35 kit.

well theres your problem to start with. You should have known better than to go there...

The guys at Randy's were pretty helpful to me with a couple of minor exceptions...

The package I bought was supposed to come with some installation video, called about it 2 weeks later, said it was backlogged and would receive it in another 2 weeks. Never go it oh well. It probably would have made the job a little easier considering I had never done a R + P change before. But oh well.

I bought the inch pounds torque wrench from them. $60 I specifically asked if it came with a case, the sales rep said yes. I got it and it's wrapped up in some paper no case.... I called back and asked about it, apparenty the recently changed suppliers and they don't provide a case. I WANTED A CASE. I would have spent the extra $ on an Armstrong if I would have known that.

Nothing real bad, but my .02

FWIW I've delt with Randy's for several years and I would buy from them again. Seems like their service and tech has gone down a few notches since their expansion though :( Lately I've tried to source things more locally or through the boards vendors.

About 4 years ago I ordered a lockrite from Randys for a friends. They sent the unit in a box which had been opened. Apperantly someone returned a used LR and they sent me a used part at a new price. Called them back about it and they made it right.

Back