Random pic thread.

3 months worth of gear oil and welding stank getting washed away.
The amigo laundromat got a stench for some reason.
View attachment 320001

I once tossed a gear oil soaked hoodie in my washing machine. It ruined a few loads of clothes. That was a very important lesson learned at the age of 18.

I once tossed a gear oil soaked hoodie in my washing machine. It ruined a few loads of clothes. That was a very important lesson learned at the age of 18.

I have kept an old washing machine around for this very reason.... hook up the drop cord and water hose, add a bunch of blue dawn. Plus the old machines still have the agitator.

I have kept an old washing machine around for this very reason.... hook up the drop cord and water hose, add a bunch of blue dawn. Plus the old machines still have the agitator.
Blue Dawn sounds like a pro tip! Does it not suds on out of the machine?

Ive used Dawn and a hand full of GOOP in the past to clean Carhart bibs and coveralls. Don’t get carried away with the dawn.
I occasionally still squirt a round or 2 in the tub on particularly greasy items

Last edited:
Hence using somebody else's machine

Last edited:

If you add enough it will, Im sure. The washer it question would sit in the yard during its cycle, so if it overflows I dont care. But we use it occasionally in normal washing cycles.

I learned to use Blue Dawn when stripping cloth diapers. Not sure what is different, but it really needs to be Blue. Dish soap helps as a degreaser and white vinegar helps strip the built up soap from the fabrics. Wife swears by Folex for getting stains out of everything.

If you add enough it will, Im sure. The washer it question would sit in the yard during its cycle, so if it overflows I dont care. But we use it occasionally in normal washing cycles.

I learned to use Blue Dawn when stripping cloth diapers. Not sure what is different, but it really needs to be Blue. Dish soap helps as a degreaser and white vinegar helps strip the built up soap from the fabrics. Wife swears by Folex for getting stains out of everything.

I've had similar results with yellow Ajax, for diapers, greasy dish cloths and greasy food stains on clothing. Also, Borax.

3 months worth of gear oil and welding stank getting washed away.
The amigo laundromat got a stench for some reason.
View attachment 320001
I once washed a load of shop rags in our washer and it took for ever to get the mess out of the washer.Fast forward a few years and I was working in a transmission shop for a hard ass that was ZERO help even when he saw you were headed for trouble,just let you hang yourself out.I noticed one day he was rounding up rags and with him being a cheap ass I knew he was gonna wash em.His shop was at his house and a couple of days later I noticed his old washer thrown out in the yard and the box for the new washer in the back of his truck.

image.jpg

I saw quite a commotion in my pond today. A deer was wading in and eating lily pads, and evidently slipped down the bank and took a swim. Here is his buddy taking his turn in the same spot, but being a little more cautious.

Never seen them doing this before.

e2eb757e82235d99c57cc26a9563e08f.jpg
3938f3ddb0d6b2044f57a2100b07dba1.jpg
b4b7b49e9ff007f7823df1d034a911f0.jpg
d6ae73e397bb5313a9cfabab3341e033.jpg
3a16d3cac4657e964d4167a2a567f327.jpg
d663d8e5df53dee0a500eadcbc536528.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Cleaned out my deceased FIL &MIL old house. Found a few gems.
GOPR4252.JPG

Ingredients are: rubbing alcohol, turpentine, quinine, and oil of cloves.
GOPR4254.JPG

That is an 8 track tape for you young folks that don't recognize it.
GOPR4256.JPG

GOPR4257.JPG

FIL was in the army and deployed to the Korean war. You can barely see the US on the handle. I bet he dug some fox holes with this.

The trick to washing oil soaked stuff is to rub whatever cleaner into the garment instead of just dumping it into the machine.
Helps keep from ruining the next load, plus it cuts and goes to work quicker.
I used to use Goop and Gojo and just rub it in .... Goop seemed to really work wonders.

When worked race cars the car owner was a slumlord so we had an old washer and dryer in the race shop.
We used regular red shop rags that he bought and would wash them with Tide.
Worked great on shop rags.

The trick to washing oil soaked stuff is to rub whatever cleaner into the garment instead of just dumping it into the machine.
I used to use Goop and Gojo and just rub it in .... Goop seemed to really work wonders.

When worked race cars the car owner was a slumlord so we had an old washer and dryer in the race shop.

In my athletic days, we used Goop & Gojo in the wash to clean all the dirt/grass stains out. Worked well.

I do this, then dunk it in a sink or old bucket (depending how gross it is) of water, rise and repeat a few times to get 80% of it out. The nre-apply and throw in the wash.
Its alot easier to wash any residue out of the sink than the washer.

Back